Chapter 8

Father, huh? No way I would call him that.

"Sorry, please choose any other names except words related to that word, we aren't even on that kind of relationship." I said as I stare at the empty glass.

"How would—?"

I looked up at him.

"Everyone's making it obvious."

It's possible for him to ask and be surprised like that, since no one would ever dare to say that directly at my face but their actions would make it obvious.

And he would be really surprised if a 9 year old like me who didn't even had a proper education to realize such things. But since I know the original story, the language of this world and attitude of the people, it isn't impossible for me.

He didn't respond, he stayed silent.

"Fine. Then, 'uncle' would do right? We ain't related in blood or whatever anyway." I said and lay down on bed once more since my body still feel heavy for some reason.

..

"Charlotte, please! Run!"

Whose voice?

"N-no! Lei...!! Do..!!"

Was that? My voice?

It's red, it's bloody. I can't see anything than blood. Corpses, people begging to spare them, begging to let them live.

Who are they begging to?

"I.. can't.. anymore. Lei.. please leave.."

Why? Why does this seems so painful?

I turn around and saw a girl lying on the ground, hair white as snow as well as her skin. Lips looked dry as well as her eyes.. who's she?

And why's Lei—

Huff! Huff!

I opened my eyes catching my breath from that dream I had.

I instinctively looked at the window and saw it was still dark but not that dark, I guess it's midnight or very early in the morning.

But on that dream. Who's that white haired girl? She seems so familiar but not. And that maid on her side, she looked like Leione but not.

This is frustrating.

And that morning, I didn't had another sleep at all. And my frustration that early morning got worst when I met these two enthusiastic—

"Sisterrr!" I ain't going to be used to this.

"Yeah?" What now?

I don't know, I don't hate them. I just don't like it, like there's something about them that I ain't comfortable with, especially Dianne.

"Papa said that you wanted us to stay here for more months, but unfortunately I think we'll only be staying for a month or less since—"

Hm?

"Dianne, Larence, you're here already."

They turn around to approach their papa, and I just looked at them. I'm only sitting here and we're currently at the hidden garden, there was a garden hidden just at the back which is really hidden that even I didn't had a chance to discover such a beautiful place.

The right of the garden was filled with blue roses, and on the other side was green roses.

Such rare flowers exist in such hidden place.

But my mood is contradicting the beautiful and peaceful scenery.

And this dress is stuffy. The maids who groomed me earlier had it rough, and even though I did all those 'makeover', they never made me look into a mirror since such a thing is prohibited in that place that it's very suspicious.

"How do you feel Charlotte?"

"Stuffy, but I'm fine." I said as I sighed. I still like the modern outfits I always wear on Earth. Comfy and easy to wear, since they're all the same.

And that afternoon, we had our afternoon tea time and a kind of afternoon that is unique to me. I never had this crowd around me for quite awhile except the kind of crowd of the maids.

We talked a lot, I mean they talked a lot. Mom, Lauren is currently 3 months pregnant right now. That means it's been three months after my 9th birthday.

Time passes very fast, huh.

I took a piece of the same cookie I've been eating since earlier. It's delicious. While eating I'm just gazing on the roses around.

And I hold the teacup and took a sip, then I felt a gaze at me.

"What?"

"That isn't how you take a sip on your tea." Dianne exclaimed after a second of hesitation.

"Well as long as I took a sip and drink from it, it doesn't matter right? So if you felt really thirsty and the need to drink immediately, does one still mind their posture?" I asked then ate another cookie, and took a sip.

Aish, noble etiquette and lady-this, lady-that are worrisome.

So, I observed how Dianne do her thing. Her tea-sipping-posture.

Her back, her head, her hands, her gestures. She's small but looked cool, I mean elegant? Is this how you do it?

So, I tried fixing my posture and tried to copy her.

"Wow, that's quite great." She exclaimed after seeing me do that, while Larence is busy taking his time eating cookies. While the uncle, I mean Dion left earlier for some 'matters'.

And we're left with the two knights they were with before. They're both in green knight uniforms.

And the knight who approached Leione before was on his golden uniform. Does having different uniforms meant anything? Maybe their rank? Err, whatever.

Ah, this Dianne-tea-sipping-posture is quite troublesome. Whatever, lets just drink. It won't matter anyway.

"You're quite staring at them for awhile now, sister." Erk, I'm still not used being called sister.

"Uhm, well. You could say that I'm a bit.. curious?" Well, it's true that I'm curious.

"Oh! I can introduce them to you!"

"No, it's fine."

"Well, I'll just introduce them to you anyway."

Before I could stop her, she hopped out of her seat and gone through the knights.

"Well, say big sister. I have a question." Did I just heard a small clear words from.. Larence?

"I thought you're—"

"Well, it was hard pretending to stammer. And my tooth back those days were still small also my tongue. And my tooth in front fell, and I just recently made it fixed with magic. And mama said.." he's talkative. What a change of character.

I didn't talk for awhile because he had too many things to blabber, and here I was, listening to his cute blabber.

And Dianne's taking quite a while, isn't she?

".. and then papa bought me that. So, here's my question big sister."

That took quite awhile before he would spill the tea, noh?

Then for a moment I saw a glint on his adorable green eyes, that shook me. His eyes were like a green color that's emitting purity and innocence, but when I saw that change in his eyes for a second. It was a bit emitting.. a heavy feeling?

But I didn't bulge, nor show a reaction.

This family of Froscheldt are really weird.

"So.. what's the question?"

He reached for another cookie and then looked at me again and slowly opened his small mouth.

"Why did those grass wilted?"

So, he really did saw that.

***

So, hi! I was thinking of updating weekly. And I don't know how many chaps weekly though since I've been quite busy for awhile with some volunteer work and other stuffs related to school. But still I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Happy reading! — adorablepen