Chapter 11

"Blue rose is the God of Darkness's symbol."

Oh.

"And they said their descendants are directly from the imperial family of Hellbore. Though no one knows what they look like. They kept their appearance and identity hidden very well since their most likely being targeted of many, it's already a given since they've been prosperous even before."

"And sister, I don't care who may be the real heir of Light. Or I don't care what you are—" and he took a glance again on the piled of blue roses.

"I just want you to know that whatever happens, or what unknown future awaits for us. Please always remember that I'm on your side." And he smiled gently.

That night, after moments of silence and gazing above we decided to go back since it's getting late.

And I've been pondering inside my room about the things Larance told me earlier.

The roses, the empires, Hanlon, magic and all.

It's all new to me. For all those years, knowledge became a gem to me. Because every new detail are like new discovered treasure. That's how precious it is to me since I have no idea what things are to me.

Even tho it was only a brief information, I had gained a lot compare to what I had known before.

His first and last words are the weirdest. He's thanking me for being alive and telling me that no matter what happens, he's on my side. I can't even put it into my situation tho I kindof understand.

He maybe telling me that he's an ally, is he saying I might have enemies? How? Why? Who? Ergh.

Let's just sleep, today's a tiring day.

"Please.. listen!.."

"...betrayed..!!"

"I didn't!!"

Huff. Huff.

Again. A nightmare again. Why can't I just have a peaceful night for once?

I touched my face by my both hands, and felt a little cold. Did the wind came in? Did I forgot to close the windows? Oh, maybe. Since I was so tired yesterday.

I looked at the old small clock on the side of my table.

It's morning already, but the sun hasn't come up yet and I slept only for a few hours. Gosh.

I got up while holding the bunny stuffed toy and sat on the chair. Took out the pen and admired it for awhile.

Dion's attitude became weird after so many years and said it was because of his beloved's enlightenment that he's doing all this. It's kind of suspicious. It really does look like that. But at the same time, why do I feel like I am expecting more? And it's frustrating that I am thinking about 'family' with them, even though I really don't belong, I wasn't there from the beginning of this all.

The small diamond on the pen is marvelous. I had thoughts of throwing this out before, but it looked too expensive to just throw it away and it's a pen after all. It'll be useful if I would have paper sooner or later.

I smiled unknowingly when I thought about that something I can write on. Indeed, I must confess that I really do expect Larence would gift me one.

I put the pen down, and stretched my arms and legs. And I felt pain on my back and the other parts of my body too.

Even though they're on the hidden parts or can be hidden by wearing long sleeve dresses, the part of my back is the painful one.

It was on that one time when a maid threw scalding hot tea at me 'accidentally' and hit my back, and after that I was continuously whipped on the back whenever they had a chance and took my other clumsiness when doing chores as mistakes and punish me.

It all happened months after Leione left and they stopped when I became also a 'lady' when this mushroom-like family came out of nowhere. I still could endure it back then, but lately they kept on aching and wounding up. Like the past years of wounds came out just now. And it really hurts to be honest, but I can't do anything. I don't trust the servants here, even the physician.

Maybe I could use some old garments to bandage it then.

After tearing up some 'clean' garments even they looked like they're not but it's clean for me.

I cleaned myself, fetch some water secretly to wash my body even it's cold and dried myself up.

I bit my lower lip as it really dmn hurts you know. After drying up, I bandaged myself and wore something comfortable since later I would wear another troublesome dress.

Now then, lets start another days of frustration. Shall we?

A week later after that. My body's slowly deteriorating but I can still be able to act like nothing's happening.

Larence and Dianne would always play tag and hide and seek with the knights. And I, of course does not join even tho they kept on begging or whatever, my wounds would open up if they kept on pestering.

"Hey sister, I am hiding right now. Don't tell sister Dianne of where I am going to hide okay?" Larence said while looking at Dianne, who's now counting.

I sighed and nodded. Well, if Dianne would be the one to hide she would tell it to me too and Larence would run to me saying where would Dianne go, then vice versa.

"And also I'm giving you something later." And he ran off to the opposite way of Dianne's current position.

After Larence found a place to hide and Dianne finished counting, she ran to me.

Oh here we go again.

"Big sister! Do you know where Larence hid at?" And looked at me with those sparkly eyes.

I sighed and shook my head, sipped from my tea and eat a cookie.

"Hmph. Meanie. Hey Larence! I swear if I'm gonna find you...—!"

She then kept on blabbing what would she do if she would find Larence.

After their rounds of playing different games, and the knights kept on stopping them if the game became dangerous. Like when Dianne suggested to take a journey on the roses, which of course had thorns and she kind of thought that maybe the roses on that garden are thornless.

Ah, this girl seriously.

And everything became a lot serious, and a lot dangerous for me. Just because of that one time. A game of hide and seek it is.

***

Note:

I'm sorry for the very late and uhm idk kind of update hehe since class is going to start this coming monday. And I had some responsibilities and duties to do since I'm part of a council there, became busy a lot.

But I would do my best to go and still do an update. Thank you! Have a great day!