Chapter 16

"You're the stubborn one, Charlotte."

Someone spoke, but one's there aside from me. And my hand kept on bleeding while holding the black rose.

As red bits of blood drip from the rose, the pain keep on getting stronger. The grass wilted, the roses on the garden wilted.

No! No!

Not just the pain on my hand, there's also pain on my chest.

It made me a lot more uncomfortable that I kept on shivering and my tears keot on falling.

"Weak.."

"Such weak body.."

"Golden.."

"Not white.."

"She's weak.."

"No, we're weaker.."

"She's quite strong in some manners.."

Stop! Argh, these murmurings kept on ringing on my ear.

"Stubborn.."

"..like before."

"Persistent.."

My heart won't calm down, and I don't even know how much blood I've released.

"Charlotte.."

"..lotte..

"Charl.."

What!?

"Charlotte."

After those whispers, one voice came clearer.

"My dear, Charlotte."

Even though the whispers are gone, the uneasiness I felt is still present.

"It's a bit much early for us to meet."

But I can't even see you? What 'meet'?

"It seems my powers had weakened through the time. I've waited long enough."

My sobs is the only thing I can hear other than the voice.

"But it's still not time for you, yet."

Please stop this now!

It's scary, I never felt scared in this life this much.

And I never cried this much from uneasiness.

"It seems I made you feel uncomfortable, just like bef.."

What?

"Since I'm awaken by you through the rose, I might as well finish this now."

The wind got colder, the surrounding became darker. The rose I was holding seems like the one who's holding me. Even though I want to let go, it won't let me go.

And a few seconds later. I felt a touch on my forehead.

Unlike the uncomfortable atmosphere, the touch was gentle and it seems like it's comforting me.

"So when the two inseparable brightness of this world went to opposite sides, may you know what things you must know."

After the voice said that, the touch from my forehead disappeared.

"Charlotte, it's been awhile.."

Her last words felt gloomy, it was full of.. longing?

As the touch, the voice and the uncomfortable atmosphere disappeared. The air was filled of small glittering light. At closer look, they're in color of green, blue, purple and yellow.