Chapter 5

That night, I had a very tiring and sleepless night so the next day I was so exhausted.

This body's still so young, so I need to endure it but nevertheless the very weird thing is despite being young I haven't got sick, even once. Well except that I get really really tired and exhausted, and despite of being in pain many times, I never fell ill like how Leione looked like right now.

Since that night, it's been two days that I've been avoiding her and now I'm just letting her comb my hair.

"It's white again, young lady."

"Cwut it."

She paused and stopped moving then she asked me the same question like before.

"Are you sure? Your hair will be very short if I'll cut it now." I nod, and didn't say a word anymore.

She reached for the scissors and I felt the cold scissors touched my neck. So the white hair strands reached my neck now, so my hair is going to be really short.

"There, is there anything else you want me to do young lady?"

"Anwything?" And she nodded.

"Thwen, when swomeone mwade ywou chwoose to ishtay ow yeave, pwease yeave." (Then, when someone made you choose to stay or leave, please leave.)

She didn't respond for a moment, but when she wants to tell something she would stop.

"Pwease." I sobbed, since I couldn't take it anymore.

She hugged me tight, and I hugged her back. I really don't want her to leave since she's the only one who wanted me, cared for me and helped me in my stay here.

"As you wish my lady. But, I promise you I'll be back. And I will help you leave this hellish place."

That night we cried until it became morning. And the next morning, she had already left. Leione made her choice, she had left me now.

So then, my survival is up to me now.

What should I do? What do I do?

I am only a child but I need to think about this matters. Leione said she'll be back, but when? Til my tenth birthday?

Will I die now? Did Leione die with Charlotte on the original? I don't know anymore.

Argh, this is exhausting.

Time passes by, and everyday is hell. The maids continued on torturing me, sometimes they will lock me inside, or lock the mansion when I'm out. Gave me leftovers, or the moldy ones or sometimes they will starve me for how many days.

And as days passes by my hair keep on getting long, and it's white. And when it gets longer, I'll just cut it very short.

I don't like my hair.

And on my ninth birthday, my hundredth time cutting my hair.

"Now there's only a year now before they'll kill me." I picked up the white hair on the floor and prepared myself to head out but before I got out, a splash of water came.

It's cold, with ice.

"That's boring, why didn't she scream or something? Geez, lets go!" Then the two maids ran while holding their empty buckets.

Well, the cold, the heat, the pain doesn't bother me anymore.

I've live for 9 years now in this hellish place, and I haven't died yet so it isn't still my time. Leione wanted me to live too, so- I'll live no matter what even it meant to endure.

I've gone out through the backyard, go further inside the forest, buried the hair beside a tree and as expected the tree wilted. I think I inherited my father's magic.

I sat down and felt something on my finger.

I got wounded, and blood's flowing out. I think I touched a very sharp grass.

And when the blood touched the ground, all bloomed but wilted after a moment.

"Heh, you also don't like me? Well, I don't hate you tho." Because, I'm starting to hate myself.

So this is how Charlotte lived, I bet she was tortured much harder than I had experienced since she doesn't even know a thing.

And she died at ten, at such a very young age. And there are too many questions I had regarding her situation. Does she hated the world? Did she let the killer killed her? Or she doesn't know she was killed? Or what happened if she's going to live?

But I don't have any answers, because I am now Charlotte, and my life is a bit now different to hers that I can't even compare. Or are we really different? Because, I can't even do anything at this moment.

"I'm such a mess."

But then I heard footsteps behind me.

"Hmm, so you've grown quite a lot."

That footsteps, that voice. That's the crown prince.

I turned my head and looked at their direction. His highness's hair is as bright as red blood and my eyes widened to the person behind his back.

"Stop it, your majesty. I only let you be with me because my wife let me." That's Dion.

My mama did?

"You're no fun, cousin. And please call me by my name, Gion."

Dion glared at him.

"I still want my head intact, your majesty. But thank you for the offer." After he said that, his cold eyes looked at me.

Why do all people have cold blooded eyes when looking at me?

"I see, you're doing well." He said.

Is my situation right now looked good to you?

I'm soaked with water, and muddy. Well, whatever. I don't care about your opinion anyway, but I wanna know if mom's fine.

Well, I bet she's doing fine.

"Laura told me to give you this and check on you."

Then he handed a medium sized box to me. It was covered in pink and light blue laces and color.

I tilted my head, because I can feel something weird about the box.

"Just take it, her present was inside, also I slid mine there."

A present, from mom and.. Dion?

After a while, I took it because he's glaring at me already.

"Just open it later." Then he snap his fingers and my body floated awhile and I felt fresh, and.. dry?

Why is he doing this?

"Don't look at me with that weird eyes, your majesty let us go." He then turned his back.

"Go ahead first, I have to tell her something."

Dion then left, and Gion, his majesty leaned down. His aura's different, as I thought, he was crowned Emperor already.

And his next words completely confused and shocked me.