Chapter 37

Derick sipped from his tea and closed his eyes. Savoring the moment.

But why does it make me feel pissed.

"Why don't we talk now?"

This is so similar to what happened in the village, the moment Derick and myself will talk.

He acted shock and put down his tea then smiled at me. And said, "Right. I totally forgot, I was so immersed from the tea's aroma. It's rose tea anyway. So, if you have questions start now."

Actually, I have too many questions to ask. Like why is my father saying he knew me but he couldn't anymore, what's Derick's relationship with my father, or the ither villagers or Leia and Leione. It's a mess.

Wait, don't tell me father and Derick.. No, no. That isn't possible, Derick's a child and father's too old for that. But. Even though father's old he looked way too young to be in his 30s or 40s. And Leione said Derick has been long by my father's side even before they came. Hmm, suspicious.

"Wait, I can sense that you're thinking about some nonsense. Stop it, it's giving me goosebumps. My hairs' standing up."

Oh, right.

Speaking of the village, what happened to the villagers after we left?

"Hey Derick, what happened to the village?"

He froze for a moment but became serious after that.

"There's a bad and good news about that. What would you like to hear first?"

I gulped and said, "The bad news."

"Alright. The whole village was destroyed. If you ever come to see it in person, you can definitely tell that a monster really did invade there. And the villagers, didn't make it. As I can approximately tell, only 25% made it out alive and is now residing here."

Yes, definitely monsters invaded there. And U expected that many wouldn't make it but to that extent, it's really unfortunate and not great.

"Then the good ones?"

"The village can be fixed, and since it's in the borther or Hanlon and Hellbore, and no one claimed that village to belong to both. Hanlon should've shoulder the responsibility since the monsters is from Hanlon but since they made some negotiations with us, they didn't claimed the land to be theirs. So, Hillville Village is now part of Hellbore and it'll be revived sooner or later. That's why His majesty's so busy."

Oh, right. That really is good news. I thought that village belonged to Hanlon but it turns out that it wasn't.

"Oh, that pink brat brought a letter for you. It's in my room so maybe I'll bring it for you later so you could write a reply."

So Lin definitely survived. Thank goodness. Oh speaking of paper, I wonder if my diary's—

"Here, I thought you might look for it again once you woke up." And he reached it out to me.

My precious memories with Leione's stored in here.

"Where's the pen.. and the stuffed toy?"

"Destroyed." He replied abruptly.

"By the monsters attack?"

"No, by me. Why? Are you regretting it?"

I went silent after he asked that. I don't know, after all that happened and all the revelation or dreams that I saw, I don't have any lingering attachments to it anymore. Specially from her.

"And the pen, before we went to the village I had disposed of it." He proclaimed as if it's nothing. Hmm, the pen's from Dion anyway, so it's really nothing.