Chapter 14

"My lady! Wake up!" As I opened my eyes, the ceiling of my room welcomed me.

Ah, that ceiling. It was crooked and dusty before, now it was clean. Haha, it's such a miraculous thing that my ceiling welcomed me again like this.

I wanna sleep more.

I was about to close my eyes when someone barged in the room.

"Gosh, she's been asleep three days straight! What would I tell to his grace then? My job's at risk!"

A man's trying be a woman voice like reached my ears. Ah, it's the gay supervisor.

"And they extended for another week since it'll be the crown prince coming of age ceremony also his 12th birthday. I can't even be a noble even for weeks. Gosh!"

That high pitch voice. I hate it.

So then, I opened my eyes that day. And it's already Friday, it's really been three days ever since I slept. And sir Devin seemed troubled.

The next day, Kira was assigned to accompany me even though she was against it and sir Devin guarded me so well that he was far away from me a few feet away. And since sir Devin's guarding me, Kira seemed satisfied. I guess she was attracted to sir Devin's good looks.

He was the previous male lead's friend anyway.

"If you're sleepy my lady, please tell us right away so we could escort you back to the mansion."

Sir Devin said for the nth time. Yes, I'm back to hanging around on that garden and now not only with Sir Devin but also with Kira.

And I'm not allowed to take a nap since it isn't clear yet to when I'll go back to that state of being asleep for a very long time. That's why yesterday my body was so heavy that also made me want to take a walk today.

Since the Froscheldt will be back to annoying me again next Friday.

Those dreams I had, they're so vivid to be a dream. Are they're memories? Of Charlotte? Or just a nightmare because Leione had been gone for so long because I've been missing her? Or nah?

Most importantly, father— I mean Charles appeared on my dreams but I can't even remember or rather see his face clearly that time but I know it was him because of his white silky hair.

I am so curious of what does he looked like or rather I am so curious why did he appear like that like he was really visiting me?

This is mind wrecking. I just wanted to live and survive, but since this world is rather chaotic, my life had been very chaotic ever since then.

"Say sir Devin, how long have you been by the Duke's side?"

"..."

It really is a bad idea to talk to a man who's like a post, stern and not living his place.

But when Dianne sometimes talk he would respond, in a way that he nods or shakes his head or sometimes he would really answer if necessary or he wanted to.

"..then, nevermind."

So then, I took my tea and was about to sip when—

"Since childhood my lady."

"Phfttt—"

I spitted out some tea I was drinking after he suddenly answered. That took me off guard.

"Oh, okay."

I'm bad at conversing with other people.

It's cold, since it's spring already. I looked up to the sky and saw the clouds piling up. It might rain soon. Even though I'm not doing anything, this is tiring me out.

Before I was assigned to various work randomly and on my free time I would hid from the maids, I'll climb trees and explore the mini forest then sometimes I'll take a nap.

And now even sleeping is now a problem.

"I want to take a walk."

So then I stood up and started walking, sir Devin was on my back while Kira's taking care of the things I'd used for the afternoon tea.

There's nothing new with the roses, they're all so pretty.

While I was observing the roses, I saw something peculiar from them.

A black rose. Or is it just an illusion or a dried stem or something? How could a dark color be part of the bright roses. And it was in the middle of the two bunch of green and blue roses.

At the end of the garden the blue and the green roses collide, and at the middle of those roses, a black rose appeared.

Weird, really weird.

And the very weird thing was, after a blink of an eye I am already observing it closely. I unknowingly got close. Just when did I got closer to it?

And why the hell am I touching it!?

"Sir Devi—"

I turned around and there's no Sir Devin.

What's really happening here?

"Sir Devin? Hello? Are we playing hide and seek? I'm not playing though."

I said but there's only silence. I am always alone and became accustomed with it, I wasn't uncomfortable being alone.

But this situation says otherwise. I don't know but my heart's feeling uneasy on that moment.

"P-please come out now."

I never reached the end of the garden before since it has a very wide land and it seems that it'll took half an hour or maybe an hour to roam half of the garden.

But I was just only walking for a few minutes though.

This is crazy, calm down heart. I need to calm down. But I can't seem to move my hand away from the black rose, like my body won't seem to follow me.

Like it wasn't my body at all.

Omg, I can't lose my cool now. Charlotte you need to let go of the flower now, let go.

Instead of letting go. My hands slipped down from the petals to the thorns of that rose stem.

I was gripping hard to it that blood came out.

No, no! The blood! The roses might die.

"No, no, no! This is not happening! Not now for pete's sake!"

Why is my body not listening to me at all?

Wait, is it my body in the first place? No, it became mine after being born. Are you being stubborn now Charlotte?

"You're the stubborn one, Charlotte."

Just who—!?

***

Hello everyone! I am very sorry about the late updates. And I'll try to make it up to you on the next updates, I've been pretty busy with school stuffs. It would be glad if you'll leave a comment. Teehee~ take a guess as to who Charlotte met. Have a good day!

- adorablepen