Chapter 31

That night was cold, as it should always be. But he clutched to his chest where his heart was after feeling something burning inside that it hurts.

"Your majesty.. Are you okay?" The attendant in glasses that was near him asked.

"Do I seem like I'm okay?" He coldly reply not to make the pain obvious, but as it takes any more longer it still just hurts more.

"Why.. does it hurt?" He murmured but enough for Victor, the attendant, to hear.

'I don't really feel pain, just why?'

'It's strange, his majesty can't feel pain. Unless, that child's feeling pain or in danger too.'

"Your majesty you can go and rest—" before Victor could finish his words. He saw none on the seat, and some papers are flying.

He removed his glasses and massaged his eyebrows while realizing what really happened.

"D-mn. I knew this'll happen."

'Stay safe your majesty.'

At the northern part of Hanlon, where cold isn't new and the sight of the sun to not be able to peek in there for moments isn't new either. A huge explosion of light was witnessed.

But before the explosion could happen, the emperor of Hanlon, his red eyes glints as he looked through the window.

He felt his presence, his brother, is making a move. He grinned as he had that thought, and later on a huge explosion of light happened in there.

"That dmn golden eyes is still alive huh? Now that you've made a move, you can't escape what has to happen now." He mumbled.

Many of the people of Hanlon, thought that it may be a blessing from their Goddess Alina, giving her blessings through the end of the year and for another start.

Many clasp their hands, closed their eyes, and prayed to the Goddess. It was all full of human desires and only few has the pure prayer.

But little did they know, instead of a blessing it was a hellish nightmare that's happening in the northern Hanlon. At the exact place of Hillville Village.

At the same time of Leione's smile and blood dripping out from her mouth, Derick losing his composure and is still regaining his energy and the knights in black with Hanlon's crest.

Charlotte lost it, her sanity can't handle it anymore. She began to grab her own hair, kneeled and cried. And little did she know, she was emitting a great power out of her.

Derick also felt it, the source of the power she's emitting and it wasn't good. Anger, despair and insanity. He felt it, and before he could do anything.

It spread anywhere of the north, from afar it could've looked only a light but on the surface the light is full of awry black dusts and bluish too.

Most of the knights grasps their neck, to regain their breath. As the light reaches them, they began to lose life energy and became thin corpses.

Before the light could go anywhere, a great presence came. Suppressing the unmatured power that's lurking around due to unstable emotions.

He himself doesn't know what he's really doing there, he only held the child on his arms and used his power to absorb it, that shouldn't have happened but it's the only choice he could do to stop the mess.

He could feel it again, the side effects or consequences of using that magic.

"Before I could lose it.. I must." He mumbled as he was staring on the unconscious child in his arms.