Chapter 29

After chattering and the story went to that dark past, the room went to silent. Even the talkative Lin became silent and gloomy.

Derick, Cloud and I looked at each other, giving signs what to do even though we don't even know what to do.

We, three people who loved to be alone are definitely in trouble right now. And at that moment, a loud bang from the door was heard. A panting the forgotten Leione came, she was sweating even though it's snowing outside. It seems she ran very fast towards here.

"Oh, welcome back."

And that's how Derick gained a bump on his head.

I totally forgot Leione there. All of us were victims of Leione's anger and very long sermon, specially Derick since he did literally just invited us back out of nowhere.

But it was reasonable though, then the innocent Lin has unknowingly joined Leione's sermon.

"Oh, who's this?"

"M-my name's Lin!"

And Leione just furrowed her eyebrows, touched her forehead to reduce her stress that are overwhelming her.

"So that's how it is, just don't do it next time. I almost flipped all the stores and stalls on the market to look for my la— I mean Charlie. I can't calm down if Charlie went missing for a moment, a'ight?" After moments of thinking things over, Leione calmed down.

We all sighed in relief. Leione's the only adult who's taking care of us, in short our guardian. So it's natural for her to worry.

I apologized to her many times and she just hugged me that there are almost tears on her eyes.

"Oh, Lin. Won't your guardians be worried about you if you'll be outside this late?" Leione asked while wearing the apron that has a cute squirrel instead of a bunny embroidered to it. It's Derick's fault.

"No.. they won't, I guess? It'll be good if you would let me stay here until tomorrow."

Leione looked at the poor Lin, and sighed. She's hopeless to cute things, I see.

"Then let me prepare a feast for celebrating the Winter's Last Day."

Then Leione went to the kitchen and cooked. While us were preparing the dinner table and the living room.

That night was fun, we played some games and ate the food served.

When the time for the countdown came even though it's the beginning of the Winter's last day and not the end of it yet, it's still good to approach it.

We came out, and the crowd was enormous. We're all looking upwards, admiring the fireworks that was made by the village's magic users, Derick also helped them so Derick wasn't around.

"What's so pretty about light explosions in the sky?" Said Derick while scratching his nape and walked towards us.

"It wasn't on the firework's beauty, it's the moment's beauty when the fireworks lit up the sky, and you enjoy watching it with the people that you're happy with. It's like that, whatever. Anyway, I'll just enjoy this moment." Lin said, and somehow I do agree.

I am approaching a new and last day, with Leione and others at that. I can say that I am enjoying this moment.

I so closed my eyes for a moment and opened it to cherish the wonderful view.

And so the new day for the year and also last day of the year began.

That morning, I wasn't able to get some sleep. Everything's so quiet, only few are still up outside to clean the mess and ready for the next event.

It was so peaceful that it's scaring my whole system.

I removed the thought and calmed down my anxiousness. It's been so long ever since I felt this way. Was it called, 'calm before the storm'?

Err, I should calm down and breath some fresh air.

I took my coat and walked out the small room, of course I quietly left not waking Leione and Lin that were sleeping beside me earlier.

I walked through the living room and saw the Cloud sleeping on the small couch, trying to fit in. And as expected, Derick's not here. He's always leaving early, I don't even know what he's doing early in the morning to leave like that. But it's not my business so nevermind.

After wearing and wrapping myself warm with the coat and scarf, I opened the door and walk outside. The cool breeze of winter touched my face, good thing that I wore gloves.

I slowly walked outside taking my time, it's still dark also because it's early and in the north the sun comes up late.

"Oh, you're early Charlie." It's Terrence.

Holding a basin with dirty dishes. It's contradicting to his appearance.

"It seems Yuria's making you do the dishes Terrence."

He diverted his gaze and looked quite embarrassed for a moment.

"Ah yeah, the well doesn't had enough water and is full of crowd so I was thinking of using the nearby river to go wash dishes."

"Why not fetch water first, then wash the dishes at home later?"

"That's a great idea but.. it was crowded in the house and there's a lot to clean up. You know that Yuria is managing an inn, and we're a bit short on staff. Even though I wasn't a staff there." He sighed deeply.

"Well, good luck."

"Thanks."

"Why don't you guys marry already?" I asked with the intention of teasing him and so he almost trip after hearing it, by the way he's walking with me already.

"No way!"

That's a fast reaction. I let out a chuckle and stopped walking.

"I think we have different paths to go, so take care. And also, just think about it carefully."

And when I left through a different direction, I almost heard many 'no way' from him.

Yuria was his childhood friend, the people here are also fond of them. They're with Leione, and Hillville village is where they're staying like their headquarter or something similar.

And so after bidding good bye, I saw a familiar back. With that black hair, it's obvious who it is.

"De..!"

Red?

"..rick?"

Aren't they blood?

***

Hi guys, I will update these two chapters earlier because Wattpad might have an error if the draft will be stay long as drafts when I will get kindof inactive since I'll be busy, exams are in, gomen~ and I'm kindof lazy to copy them and put in another app so yeah (idk if I'm making sense) I'll update as soon things were done. Happy reading! Please leave like and comment and also share it if you want hehe. Have a good day!

- adorablepen