Chapter 27

I thought she was just blabbering because of admiration to Cloud, but the next things she had said became suspicious about her.

"What's your name lady?"

"My name is Lincoln Bruteminda, the youngest of Bruteminda Marquisate." She proudly said but immediately covered her mouth again, it seems she doesn't know how to hide things well.

"W-well, you can call me Lin." She said with hesitation and embarrassment.

"I'm Charlie, is it fine to call you by your nickname?"

"How did you know it was my nickname?" It was obvious. But she looked really shock.

I giggled to her cute reaction.

Nobles that share nicknames or first names only mean that they have a really deep and close relationship, unlike commoners who mostly doesn't have surnames always call everyone in either their first names or nicknames.

"I-it's fine, I'm not in my own country anyway."

"So where are you from?"

"I'm from Ameri— I mean I'm from the kingdom of A-Ameriand of the country— I mean empire that also has Goddess Alina's blessings. But my father's from Flamia and I obviously inherited my mom's features so I was sent in Hanlon, but I'm originally from Flamia. Ha ha ha.."

I knew it. Something really is suspicious about her. But if she doesn't want to tell me about it, then it's fine. We recently had just met anyway.

"So how did you met this 'snow angel'?" I asked to ease her anxiousness, she's fidgeting and kind of anxious for some reason.

"Oh right!" She then realized what she came here for, and started glaring at me.

Pft.

"Why would I tell you? I only knew he would appear here but he'll be tortured by envious men because of his tall demeanor despite being young. So, his legs was beaten and he would always be starved. He was slaved here in Hanlon, but he escaped and became a wanderer. He lost his sanity, and inherited a wild animal's behavior but because he was weak he can't fight back. So I did a little help, I knew Hillville is a safe place to him that's why I brought him with me here in the central market. I was staying in an inn, but that night he escaped. And I can't find him anymore, then I saw him with you that day!" She glared at me.

"Despite being skinny and limp, he still had those rare features that make him looked super cool. Those white hair that resemble the snow and blue eyes that simply blend with the winter season. Oh, that time. Wait— why am I telling you this!?" She then realized what she did and covered his mouth again.

I don't know why she knew those things, but definitely she is quite something.

"Oi, squirrel!" Ah, that voice and annoying nickname.

And the devil, Derick came. And oh, he's with Cloud.

"Wow, even from afar he looked so dashing." Lin said while talking to herself and kept on whispering how great Cloud is.

Well, I could really agree. After those 3 weeks he improved a lot and don't act like a wild animal anymore. I don't know what Derick did, but I don't want to know. It seems hazy, if Derick will do that.

"Oh, Leione's not here." He said the obvious.

"Who's this pink brat?" Derick asked but Lin ignored him, and her stares passed through him and directly go to Cloud.

"Oh, she's Lin." Cloud said, maybe he can't take the stares anymore? But no, he stared back.

And our girl Lin almost fainted. Is this what do they call it again? Ahm, a die-hard— uhm fan?

"She seemed to be taken by you huh, even though you're in your disguise."

"Tch."

Disguise? Oh right, because Cloud has white hair, Derick also used magic to turn Cloud's hair to.. black. Yes people, black. He just loved his hair color that much that he would also turn ours like his.

I asked him a few times before about it too, and he just said.

"What? If you don't want it then do it yourself."

Annoying right?

"His shiny white hair is so pretty." Lin said and her eyes sparkled as if looking on a beautiful treasure.

White hair?

"What did you just say?"

"Uhm, his white hair is dazzling?" Lin answered to Derick's question but he still had that troubled expression after hearing Lin's words.

"This is troublesome. We need to go back as soon as possible."

"Now?"

"Yes. And bring that pink brat too."

"Me!? I-I'll go too? Where?"

She enthusiastically asked and jumped out of the bench with eyes sparkling that contrasts the gloomy troubled face of Derick.

And that's how we left the central market, and it seems we had forgotten about something— or is it someone?

"OH, where did she go?" Leione kept glancing around and realized Charlotte was gone.

She hugged the box tightly that contained a hairpin, and almost crushed the hot choco on her left hand. And she became anxious and worried because her lady was gone.

"What the— what the hell did happened? I clearly told her to wait here." She gasped and realized something.

"Did those scums got her? No, no. I clearly didn't sense their ominous energy so they're not here. What happened?"

She sat down and kept on thinking as to where would Charlotte go.

"Did she go back to the village? Hmm, no. She can't go alone."

'Argh, my lady! Where are you?'