Chapter 15

"It's already the second day of the crown prince's birthday celebration. And it's pretty boring."

Larence said as he lay down the couch. Dianne's sitting before the window while reading a book.

"You seemed so eager to go out, my dear brother." She said as she flipped another page to go to the next page.

"You seemed not tired, big sister. Your birthday party just happened the other day, aren't you curious as to what those gifts had?" Larence asked and closed his eyes.

He was imagining how his eldest big sister, Charlotte, is doing now.

"I'm curious as to what big sis Charlotte is doing now? Is she lonely? Is she bored?"

Dianne closed her book, and looked up to the sky. The clouds are piling up, it seems it's going to rain soon.

It's already Saturday and her birthday had passed already. She's now eight years old, but since she's acting the 'eldest child', she had been studying lots of things but the only thing she wanted was to have fun with her brother and family even only just on her childhood days.

That's why she decided to visit the rumored eldest sister, Charlotte who was in the north of the empire.

She was delighted because she had a big sister and had hopes that if her sister came home it'll be nice to bond together.

But it was just an excuse to run away from her duties. Ever since she was five, she had been struggling as the eldest.

And when she met Charlotte she was surprised to see her state, same as Larence, she pitied Charlotte.

'It's a shame that many people doesn't want her here.'

She then stared again outside.

'It's going to rain soon, I hope big sis isn't outside.'

"It's a good date to go out on the night market, but the weather seemed to not cooperate."

A loud bang from door was heard. Someone came in so suddenly.

"Hello, everyone! Let's all play something!"

The blue haired little guy said, he looked like he was around Dianne's age.

"Who wants to play with you?" Larence said then shove his head on the pillow.

"Ehhh, I thought you'll be bored at this time. The adults are socializing while us children were left behind even though it was also a child's birthday, the crown prince's."

"Stop it Claude, or you'll be scolded by aunt Carol again." Dianne said.

"Nah, I got dad."

"Heh. You're dad's defenseless in front of your mom though."

Claude's enthusiasm drooped down when he remembered his dad, a brave knight commander, is under his mom.

"Shall we just read today?" Dianne suggested, she stood up to get another book.

"I bet your playmates are books. Aren't that boring?"

"Mind your own business. Larence already studied mostly of this, how about you Claude? You always skipped your classes, I heard." She then grinned at Claude.

And Claude's face reddened in embarrassment and anger, since those words even came from a girl. It's such a humiliation.

"Y-you. Hmph!" Claude then walked out grumpily.

'Even though I wanna do things like a child, I can't.'

Larence stared at her sister's expression.

"Sister, wanna sneak out?" Larence suggested.

"To where? We can't go anywhere, other than the garden or just our rooms though."

"You know uncle Yun, the driver. And butler Loni, they won't tell a thing, I promise."

Dianne thought to where they will go.

The both stared at each other and nodded. Dianne put down her books, and took necessary things.

'To big sister Charlotte!'

.
.
.

'This is worrying me.'

"Just calm down, your grace. Your children won't go anywhere. You're such an overprotective father." Marquess Skye Vinciento said, the commander of Silver Knight's order.

"Don't you worry about your son?"

Skye scratched the back of his head when he remembers his troublemaker son.

"Well, I guess he takes after me?" Skye laughed it off.

Dion looked outside the windows, the meeting of the family heads had just finished. And he left his pregnant wife with his two other children and it seems it's going to rain. And now he's just drinking wine, and having a small social party for the second day of the crown prince's birthday.. How can he not worry?

"We greet His Highness, the light of Hanlon, the crown prince Reed Von Hanlon. May the Goddess Alina's blessings be with you."

After greeting the crown prince, he then spoke a few words and the party continued.

"You looked like you had to poo or something, uncle." Reed slowly walked towards his uncle.

His hair is as red as crimson blood, his eyes are ash gray. He was simply the splitting image of his father, the current Emperor. The way he looks is fascinating even though his eyes was fierce but he had this weird aura that made him superior to others.

And he has an affinity to three elements; fire, water and wind. A unique combination it is.

"He's so worried about his family. Well it's understandable since sister-in-law is pregnant and the two children are still young. And it's about to rain soon."

Reed looked outside, it's gloomy, the contrast of what's happening inside the hall.

"Don't you worry about your son Marques?"

Skye felt dejavu on that moment.

"H-haha.."

"In a few months now, you're going to meet the child your highness." Dion said.

"Yeah, I hope we could have a great talk."

"I think you would, she's a peculiar child for a nine year old. I'm telling you." Skye said as he sipped from his glass.

"But something's weird about her." Skye continued.

"Hmm?"

"Instead of white, like that bastard, she had golden."

'That's really weird.' Reed pondered about what Skye said.

'If she was his child, she must had white instead of golden. In case..'

Reed looked at the Empire's crest and shook his head. The green rose that represents Hanlon with tiny bits of detailed gold on its outline.

'I must be crazy thinking about that.'

"I must go to others. I'll excuse myself first." He then walked away from them, and talked to others with a smile on his face that contradict to his eyes.

'What was that child's name again? Was it.. Charlotte?'