Chapter 21

I thought the original Charlotte's life would be the last scene I will witness.

But a child with white hair and blue eyes welcomed my eyes.

But the place were all white. It's snowy. There are only trees covered in snow.

But this time, it was a boy. I am sure he was a boy. He had short hair and was dressed in a boy's clothing, at first I wasn't sure that maybe he was only wearing boy's clothes but in reality was girl but no. He certainly is a boy because I unexpectedly know his name, unlike the others.

"Charles.. run!"

But he can't run anymore, with the strong wind and a high piled of snow that when you stepped on it, your feet will be stocked and will be hard to move.

He had no strength left even though he wanted to move that he fell down.

He wanted to get up but can't, then later on a scream was heard and I turn my head to see what it is.

But a pair of burning red eyes welcomed my sight, even though it's snowing, the burning bloodlust in his eyes was noticeable.

I shifted my gaze and looked back to the child.

And he mouthed.

'leave..'

What? Is he saying that to me?

'leave.. now!'

And when I unknowingly turn back my gaze to that person and saw that pair of eyes, it was suffocating.

I am losing my breath that it's so painful.

What is this? Am I not dreaming? It's unbearable, no, stop! I closed my eyes in pain.

"What are you doing here?"

Wait— what does he mean?

No I- I need to break.. out!

And suddenly I opened my eyes and saw Leione's face super close to mine.

Wait, Leione's face!?

"Eeekkk!"

Heh, did you think I screamed? No, I don't have the energy to, and I just stared at her but—

"OMG! SHE'S AWAKE!"

She's the one who screamed.

"Stop screaming early in the morning, we have neighbors Ms. Leione." And the guy with black hair came inside with a tray.

It has a bowl with soup and water, he gave me the water while Leione is still freaking out.

"Calm down." And he threw the spoon on her but she caught it.

"That's rude! And who are you calling mister!?" Then she brought the spoon back and the black haired guy just only shrugged his shoulders.

"You're freaking out like an idiot, let his daughter breath ok? And you're manlier than a man so it's just fine."

"Geez. Oh right! Are you hurt anywhere? You okay? My goodness you're having a nightmare but this guy said it'll be fine. But you were sleeping for almost half a day how can I not be worried?"

Well, it's true not to because I even slept longer than of that half a day before.

But, this is all real right? Leione's in front of me. All healthy and well, I'm so glad. But I think she agined more muscles tho.

"Oh my God, you're crying! Why is there something wrong?" And she goes to freaking out again.

I shook my head as answer and smiled at her.

Really, I am so glad.

I was bothered of what I dreamed many times before too, not just the dream I had earlier. The dreams where someone like Leione, died.

I suddenly looked at the black haired guy but he's reading a paper or something, wait isn't that mom's letter!?

I suddenly reached my hand to get it, but I realized I didn't even moved a bit from my bed and only my hand is reaching out.

"Is— Isn't reading other's letters rude?" I managed to say, even though my voice was drained for some reason.

"This isn't your letter."

Thank goodness.

"But I already knew what inside that letter you're talking about."

Crap. I take that back!

"You—"

"Derick, seriously? Are you that mannerless to read other people's letters?" Right, scold him for me Leione.

"My manners abandoned me long time ago."

He's saying that he once had manners but for some reason he doesn't mind anymore.

"Derick was it? You.. got the box. Thank you."

But thanks to him, the box was here.

"I lost the box."

What!? I thought he—!?

Gosh!

"Talking to you really is stressful Derick." Leione said while calming me down.

"Then don't talk to me."

Just— for asgdjjdkdkfhsksllskdk's sake!

Leione and I were left dumbfounded.

Fine.

Leione sighed deeply and faced me.

"He's just saying he didn't brought the box."

It was just the same isn't it?

"But he brought the contents of that box, but the box was left behind." Leione explained to me clearly.

What? Why don't he just say it clearly!?

"What? Stop glaring at me. It's just the same."

Same my as-!

"Just eat the food first before it gets cold, if it gets cold it'll won't be warm anymore, and when it get colder that it was. It'll be not delicious as it is, and you won't be able to enjoy it and it'll taste a bit awful."

W-what?

"There, it's very specific and clear. Let's talk after you had eaten."

I don't know with this guy anymore.

I ate the soup he gave me, it became less warm but it's still fine and my stomach warmed up a bit.

"Leione, just who is that guy?"

"Hmm, his name's Derick he doesn't have a surname, just master's most trusted man. His appearance is usually hidden from everyone except master but for this certain mission, he appeared and we, specially myself don't even believed it at first that he looked like a child but when we saw his skills.."

She go 'brr' and acted to shiver but I think she really did tremble.

"..it was of a monster's, a very very very terrifying power. Geez, lets stop about that my lady. I am so glad we met again." She then smiled and hugged me tight.

"Me too, Leione. Me too." And I hugged he back.

And when my gaze pass through Derick, there's a gentle smile on it.

Wait, did I just—

When I gaze back, he has a poker face saying 'I don't care. I don't know, I'm bored as hell.'

Ah, this motherf—

Calm down.

Leione and I talked while I finished the food and up for digestion.

And after a while.

Derick pulled his chair near the bed, and sat on it.

We are on a wooden room, with a small bed where am I lying earlier and now sitting on it.

"Now, lets talk. You can ask me first then I'll try to answer your questions."

I breath deeply and opened my mouth.

"Why did you save me? And why's Leione here?"