Chapter 22

"Why did you save me? Why's Leione here?"

"Seriously? That's your question?"

I just stared at him like 'what? Is there a problem?'

"I was bored." He said nonchalantly.

Huh?

"Pfft, HAHAHA! Ah, that expression is—" and he gave me an ok sign where his three fingers are out, like 'ok' or 'good' or whatever.

Wow, he looks good when he laughs. Wait, what— no!

"Can't you just—"

"Alright, alright. Calm down. Pfft. Ok, ok. So uh, I'm your father's hmm, what should I call it? Friend? Comrade? Assistant? Something similar to that, and I am here for some reasons that are connected to him. And Leione's master was your father. They're on a mission."

So that's how it is, but he didn't said they're really here for me though. I don't quite understand.

"Then, are we going to meet him soon?"

"We could, but we shouldn't. We can go and meet him right now but it's not the time yet." He said.

Err? Why?

"I don't understand."

"You'll understand soon. It's just that, you should just stay away from him for the mean time."

"Until when?"

"A week or two. It depends on the situation, but if we don't have a choice we'll go there immediately if an emergency arises."

I still don't understand. He then gave me a smile to make me feel at ease.

Now that I see it, he quite had good features. It seems that he's much older than me but he looked like a teen or he's just much taller?

"Hey, how old are you?"

"Why? You interested? Sorry, I'm not into kids." And he just gave me a smug look. He's also a kid too though?

Ah this mothe—

"Argh, nevermind."

Talking to this guy is making my lifespan shorter.

"My appearance is similar to your age, around twelve or eleven I guess?" He said while contemplating if is it eleven or twelve.

"What? You aren't sure about your age?"

"Hmm, it's a waste of time to count my age."

And he left like that.

He's a weirdo, I'm telling you.

"So how was it, my lady?"

After Derick left, Leione came inside and sat beside me.

"Stop talking to me formally like that, Leione. Just my name is fine."

"Then lady Charlotte."

She's not even listening.

"By the way, where are we?"

"We're in a village near the northern border of Hanlon empire and Hellbore empire. We're currently in a mission." Mission? Is that mission was to save me?

"What mission?" I asked but she dodged my gaze.

"I can't tell you, lady Charlotte." Ehh? This is sus.

"I wanna go out."

"You can't, it's still snowing hard." She said while pulling me back to bed.

But it's warm though?