Chapter 39

"Wait here my lady." I was directed at the drawing room.

This room too. Everything seems extravagant, my eyes are going blind from how bright and expensive things here. They all looked like they're made of gold. Geez. Do royalties do things like this?

But I heard this is not just the room like this, my room was like this too but since they said I could customized it myself. I removed the extravagant ones, they're blinding. The butler and the maids were quite sad because of that but, I told them to make it look simple but pretty so only a bit extravagant ones were left.

They're taking quite a while.

"I'm sorry my lady but there's some interruption that occured while preparing." A maid suddenly opened the door while catching her breath.

Preparing? Preparing what?

I tilted my head as if asking why or what's happening.

"Let me escort you to his majesty now, my lady." The head butler suddenly came.

"Is it fine now?"

There was some hestitation on his face but later on he said he doesn't know if could say if it's settled already or not but he said I can go now.

So then he leads the way.

As we grow closer to our destination, which is the throne room. I heard loud voices as we get near.

Then they announced my arrival, all of their gazes were directed at me of course.

"Come here." He said while stretching his arms which definitely looked unbecoming of him.

I cam near at him not minding the two ladies at the side that seems to be the ones who's arguing earlier.

When I came near he held me in his arms and made me sat on his lap. Uh???

I looked at him questioningly, but he didn't mind. But I do mind!?!? Oh well.

"I am not the one who's going to be the judge. This child here will be the one who's going to tell you the final judgement."

Huh? Eh? What? What final judgement?? I just came here!? What's going on? Can someone enlighten me please?

Moments ago.

Nicorine, the owner of Sugarcoat pastry shop is an individual that is very popular to the world of cooking. Her specialty's desserts specially those delicacies that are loved by nobles. She got a place or shop in the central continent because of her great skills.

Having your own place or shop in the central continent would mean that you're really great in your specialtied and was recognized by the whole world.

And now, she's facing an unexpected turn of events. She was about to prepare sweets that could satisfy her client but—

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you." The delicacies are now lying on the floor.

Nicorine's face can't be described anymore, her hardwork was on the floor that's definitely bringing some bad memories to her.

And the one who did it was similar to that someone on that memories.

"Delancy, I never we would meet here. With the same greetings like before." Nicorine said, holding back her anger.

"Well of course, I'm afraid you'll forget about me." Delancy said.

Delancy Deluxuria, her sworn enemy. The Sugarcone Pastry Shop owner. The one who can't ever forget about how Nicorine defeated her in a contest before.

"Why are you here?"

"I got invited."

"So do I."

They both glared at each other.

Sugarcoat has been popular ever since it's first day but when Sugarcone came, the battle begun. But at the end of the day, Sugarcoat has won.

Both pastry shop is located in the central continent. But nevertheless, the difference was Sugarcoat gain it's fame through the skills of the owner's hands while Sugarcone was not just because of the skills but also because of Delancy's background.

Nicorine started the business without using any backing her up, she was also rumored to be a person that was thrown out by its family which is half true.

And now the situation was.

"Your majesty, it is I that would definitely make the lady satisfy. Please rely on me." Delancy said.

Nicorine never thought that the both of them will be invited, she was overwhelmed with excitement so she never once thought about it.

Charlotte looked at the purple haired woman, it was the same voice she heard before getting in. That woman was the one who's yelling earlier.

"Just do your best, as I said both of you will be given a chance."

Delancy doesn't have a good expression but Nicorine thought that she should do her best. She suddenly had eye contact with the young lady. Even though it was for a moment, Nicorine felt something weird.

They all left the throne room except for the father daughter duo.

"What's happening?"

"It's — I was contemplating on what to give you and thought that maybe you love eating sweets so I invited them but since many of them recommended both, I took them in. But then the Sugarcone owner said that there should be only one person to serve us delicacies. And only you can do that."

I get the gist of it but why does he looked embarrassed all of a sudden?

He thought of something he would give me.

"Why didn't you ask me of what I want directly though?"

"If I did, it won't be a surprise anymore. Does it?"

I don't know what to say. But, what's this tingling feeling I am feeling? Is this joy? or—

And the sound or grumbling was heard.

And it was my stomach. My cheeks heat up when I realized it, I looked up to his face and there was a curve on his lips.

He's smiling. Wow.

But why is it also blinding?

----

Aiyaaa halllooo everyone! I hope you had a great day! And I you enjoyed the chapters, enjoy reading. hehe

- adorablepen