Chapter 26

"Bring me back my snow angel!"

A pink haired girl with cute round eyes, is now shouting in front of me while I was near the fountain.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"You took my snow angel! How could a black haired witch like you take him! You're no different from those s-scums! E-even though you had the same eyes, y-you— you're ugly!"

How did it come to this?

3 weeks before.

"W-who's that?"

When I woke up, I saw a boy in the opposite side of the table, eating like a— I don't know he's eating like a wild man, and whenever I go near, he would glare at me and make some howling sounds.

"How could I explain this? Uh?"

He had similar white hair to my biological father, and had the same blue eyes. And we both have skinny bodies, we're both malnourished?

"Is he—?"

"Actually my lady, uhm."

"Lets start with your master Leione."

Derick interrupted as Leione looked troubled for a moment.

"Yes, right. So, my master was my lady's biological father. And uhm, we told you we're on a mission right?"

I nodded.

"My mission is different to Derick, my mission was to hide Derick's real mission. And I've got the mission to save the Flamia citizens that became slaves here in Hanlon. And Derick's mission was to bring the distant relative of master to him. And uhm—"

"It looked like I wasn't part of the plan?" I asked after contemplating Leione's words on my mind.

"It's not like that, it's just—"

"Your father doesn't know he has a daughter, no— he intentionally didn't knew. I saved you because you're still his daughter. And besides, you might change his attitude. He's a work-addict that he also want everyone to work like a madman. It all happened because of that time."

But, was that all really a pure dream then? I expected so much, that he would maybe brought me in since I'm his daughter.

I don't know anymore.

"D-don't worry my lady, I'm sure he won't do anything, I guess..?"

So, he would really do something if I tag along?

"So, he knew that guy's existence?" I said and pointed to the boy who's now eating like a madman.

"Unfortunately, yes. He had known since he can sense his own kind." But why can't he sense me then?

I'm from his own, very own.

Argh, this is making me mad just to think about it. Stupid father.

"Hmm, maybe you're a mix so he can't sense it." Derick said and sat down.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll explain it later on. For now, lets focus on how to make both of you look normal."

I blinked my eyes several times to what he said. Hey! I'm normal you know!

Do I not look normal as of today?

And that's how, everyday, everyone would help us eat well, stay healthy, and have fun. But I got separated with Cloud, that's the name of that boy earlier.

He's way taller than me, but he barely can stand. He had lots of wounds and scars on his legs. So he need some place to recuperate, and I too. I stayed on that village to recuperate too, and I don't reminisce about that incident much now.

The memory that caused a trauma in my heart and my head.

That torture I felt, it became lesser, for now.

3 weeks had passed, and winter is coming to an end.

Winter Day was on the first day/snow of winter, and the celebration has two parts. The first day of winter and also the last day.

Leione brought me to the market again to buy ingredients, and do some shopping.

And I saw a blue rose hairpin. But then, I thought blue rose was banned in Hanlon, there are still some who appreciates it.

But only a few, so I did my best to ignore it even though the seller seems had a problem selling it because we're in Hanlon.

Many attempted to buy since it's very pretty that it really had a very great quality just in a glance but it was very cheap, and when they realized it was blue, they would ignore it and leave.

"We had bought everything right? The market looked so busy since tomorrow will be the last day of winter. And another year will begin."

Yes, another year will start again. Another year for me, I guess.

"Wait here, Charlie. I'll buy some hot choco for you to warm up and a bit snacks."

I nodded and she left me on a bench, the things we bought are now back on the village. Jin lend a hand when he saw us both, and let his men deliver it there since he's quite familiar on the village too.

And now I'm just sitting here waiting for Leione when a pink haired girl approached me. She looked like a noble lady. And she's puffing in anger, that made her looked so cute.

"You're ugly with that ugly black bunny!" She kept on insulting me, but I care less.

I brought my bunny stuffed toy I received before from my mother, if I remembered it correctly, after those times I barely remember my 'mother' now, yes I do remember I have a mother but it's as if she was intentionally disrupted in my memories. It's kindof frustrating for some reason.

And uh yes, I met Cloud a few days ago. Leione said to let us play together and be familiar with each other. But we only did was make snowman, snow angel without even a smile on our faces. If we had, it seems fake.

But I kind of had a little bit of fun that time. Just a little interaction that consist simple questions with nods and 'yes or no' answers.

We're just like, 'yay' without excitement but Leione will still clap her hands in joy.

And it seems this lady had met him before me.

"Are you talking about Cloud?"

"No! Don't be too familiar with him and don't you dare just say his first name! How dare you call sir Cloud, only 'Cloud'! He'll be a very great man in the future!"

"What do you mean?"

"Hah! I know much more than you do, I know what he likes, what he doesn't and he'll be a great knight leading his forces and bring victory to his Empire with his authorit— oops!" And she immediately covered her mouth with both of her hands.

How can she know the future that even I don't know?