Chapter 12

"Are you done playing for today?" I asked, and they nodded as the knights gave them clean towels for their sweats.

It is weird for noble children to play like this, running, getting dirty, but since we're in a seclusive place and we had the duke's permission, their father.

"Then let's call it a day." I stood up and fixed my posture immediately.

Thanks to the bandages wrapped around my body, and no one's hitting it, my wounds won't open.

"Wait!" And Larence handed me something wrapped in a light blue color. It seems a gift.

"Is this..?" And he just nodded and smiled. I then nodded and accept his gift.

When Dianne grab Larence by shoulder, but it seems not forceful.

"No fair! I should've brought one! No! Fair!" And they walked away while they argue, in a way that it's quite funny.

Heh? Funny?

"Sister! See you tomorrow!"

And I just waved back.

I got back to my room immediately avoiding people as much as possible.

"Is it really possible that way? I thought she would die?"

"Heh, Kira. Did you forget she was something stronger like a knight before? When the mistress took her in, she's like a monster in havoc. Scary, I witnessed it myself."

"Right, if it weren't for her grace, Duchess Laura. Leione had died before."

"And it's quite peculiar to know that she's still alive after escaping the mansion, she has no gratitude to the ones who saved her." And the maid tsked.

"Who knows? She's a traitor to begin with anyway." They shrugged and continued their walk.

Leione? A traitor? How?

As I fasten up my pace towards my room, my head hurts while strange blurred scenes came to mind.

'My lady!'

'Please run!'

'Go live! Please survive!'

Lei..-!

Huff. Huff.

Thank goodness, I reached the door of my room before I lose my breath.

I stumbled down after locking the door, hugging the gift Larence gave me.

What really is happening?

And right there, I fell asleep and regretted sleeping like that the next morning.

My body ached a lot painful than it was.

Why. The. Hell. Did. I. Sleep. While. Sitting. On. The. Freaking. Floor!?

I can't stand up.

What should I do?

What do I do? AHHH!

Gosh, dang it.

I forced myself to got up and laid down the bed. Thankfully, after that incident of me fainting, Dion took care of my bed and gave me something soft to lay down.

And I felt sticky, and wet on my back. The worse thing I predicted is happening now.

My back's bleeding. Why now!? Today is the day Dion's coming back to 'check' on me. And the maids will come here later on if I don't get up and do things my own now!

I'll be exposed. Coz' the first afternoon tea, the maids just helped me dress up, not wash up. They don't want to be 'dirtied' their hands, they say. And now, they'll just bring my food and dress, and I would reject their help and they got accustomed to that.

I sighed deeply. I looked at my hand. Oh right! I'm still holding Larence's gift.

I still have time to prepare. Get up your ass now Charlotte!

"I.. need to— huff- get ready now!" And I got up, and screamed inside.

It. Hurts.!!!

I moved to the chair, and put the gift to the table. And started to open it.

My eyes widened as I take a look at it. It was a pretty, I mean a marvelous notebook! Or it seems to be designed as a diary. It had a pretty jewel, it was blue. And the design is just simple, but pretty for the eyes, and from the jewel there was something connected to it that locked up the book.

And besides the diary, there was a letter that came with it.

"It's a letter about the gift. I see." I took the letter out of the envelope, and saw a beautiful handwriting.

Wow, at his age he has a very pretty handwriting.

And thankfully the Larence used simple words on his letter so it was easy to understand.

The letter contained how the diary works, the first/owner of it shall touch the jewel on the cover and it'll recognize that person as it's owner forever.

And the letter also says that I can open and lock it if I think about it when it was touched, so the diary won't open if the owner wills it.

Cool! I tried to do it, and it was spectacular.

The jewel lightened light blue when I touched it, and there are sparkles everywhere and when I thought that I want it to open, it opened.

And I experimented again and again. I opened, locked, open, locked, open and locked it many times. It was so cool. Hehehehehehehe— a-ahem! Anyways, then that day became my first entry on that diary.

And after keeping it somewhere safe together with the pen and my stuffed toy, since I don't want it to be discovered by the sneaky maids.

After preparing in a rush the maids came, and another day of weirdness happened again.

"Good day, your grace." I said not bowing or anything, I don't know how to do it anyway.

"Good to see you too, Charlotte." He then smiled.

"Yeah."

"Sister, I came back with a gift!" Dianne shouted as she ran towards me from the carriage.

"My lady you shouldn't run." And here we go with his protective uncle knight.

"Cut her some slacks, Skye." Dion said as he carry Larence.

"I'm not a baby anymore papa." Larence said while pouting. He stopped talking like before anymore, since his tooth are slowly showing, I mean growing.

Another week passed, the siblings said they'd be back after another week, since they're preparing for Dianne's birthday. And it's on Spring.

The trees will blossom, same to the flowers. The roses on that garden may bloom wonderfully at this time too. And of course the ever famous cherry blossoms, sadly they weren't placed here in the north. The trees here are oak trees and other old trees, but they're pretty for me so it's fine.

So Dianne was born on Spring, while I was born on Winter on the first day of the white month at that.

I heard the maids before that they all go home on white month, since it really is their vacation time. If it was called Christmas on modern times, here it was called White Day since it all snowed in the five continents, even though there's some parts that doesn't snow and only got a cold weather, most parts are covered in snow.

Specially in each continents northern parts.

Larence told me that before, when we sometimes talk about random topics, and also from the maids when they all talk about holidays.

And some maids can't or choose to not to go back home on winter because of duties or they just want to. Most of the maids here during White day or my birthday, they are forced to stay.

I never hated Spring, in fact I loved it since it's cozy and everything blooms but I never thought that my doom will start on that season.