Chapter 35

"Why.." I said to break the silence.

After hugging and crying for so long, the room went silent. I don't know if because it's awkward or not.

He looked at me with a question look.

"..are you so late?" it was long before he could answer as if he either don't know how or what to answer the question.

"There's too many hindrances before I could reach you. And the time doesn't match." then he sighed.

"That's what Derick told me if ever you would ask me that question, because that will definitely would be my answer if ever you would ask me that."

His words is so confusing, very confusing. What does he mean?

"This would truly sounds terrible, because even I feels so pathetic whenever I realize it that I can't even remember my own child. I'm such a failure to be called a father. Up until now whenever I want to remember, my head just won't let me—" I wiped his tears that made him stop talking and smiled at him. It's been so long, the last time I gave someone a smile. I know for sure it wasn't easy for him just like mine.

"It's fine now, as long as we could stay together with the others. If we or you can't remember, we can just start allover and make new ones."

The thing called 'family' is new to me. Because even my said past life on Earth says that I don't even have a great memory of my family there, so these warmth, they are new but still not a harm to accept them since I know they're definitely genuine, that's what my inner self's saying.

And once again, he cried. Such a big human, crying in front of a little girl. Despite that, when a someone knocked on the door, he immediately changed to his uhm emperor demeanor? His expression immediately changed and the aura surrounding him is so strong as if he didn't shed any tear a second earlier.

"Ehem. Come in."

Then a man with eyeglasses with papers and book in his left hand came in.

"It's time your majesty." he said while fixing his glasses.

I always ponder about this, do they always fix their glasses when they talk? Oh well.

Before he could leave, I clutched unto the hem of his clothes that made him stop and looked at me.

"?"

"Your majesty.." I said, and saw him flinched when I said that. Did I saw it wrong?

It was gloomy for a second.. maybe not.

I closed my eyes out of embarrassment. Maybe it's better if I would to call him father, but I can't say it. I don't know why.

"Y-you can tell me the rest of the story next time... And so do I." And gave him a smile, he looked at me with soft expression.

He suddenly leaned over, and gave me a hug so I hugged him back.

After he left, group of maids came and the pretty older sister that looked like Leione leading them came inside.

"My lady, my name's Leia. This is Mary, Jane, Karen and Joy. They including I, will accompany you from now on." She then pointed from the girl with a scar on her left eye, green hair and brown eyes which is Mary, then the one with brown pigtails, black eyes and freckles Jane, the one with another brown hair and black eyes but no freckles is called Karen, the last one's Joy with a happy and jorful expression, brown hair and black eyes, Joy. And of course, Leia, the splitting image of Leione but also different. She doesn't have any expression in her face, no, she doesn't have any emotions.

"Y-yes, thank you."

They looked at each other as if I said something wrong, and Leia just shook her head lightly.

"You need not to be polite with us, we're only your servants now."

Leione once told me that too, but since there's no one to judge my manners it was fine for her.

Oh, again. Leione..

"My lady.."

So then they started assisting me. After they removed my clothes they all gasped except Leia, I don't know if she's angry or not. She's really emotionless. Was I like this before?

And bathing.

"Tell us if it hurts my lady."

I shook my head to assure them it doesn't hurt, I don't feel anything anyway.

And whenever they press the soap or they spread them they would always ask me if I'm feeling fine and heard some sobbing on my back. Why are they crying?

And helped me changed, my eyes got blind when I saw the elegant and sparkling dresses. They all looked so expensive, definitely a high qualit—

"Oh." It's definitely high quality fabric, they're so soft and fits me well but a little bit uncomfortable.

"Now you can look at the mirror and see yourself my lady." Joy said happily but wipe her tears.

The others are also excited about my reaction, they're all wiping tears though except Leia.

And this is also my first time looking at my own reflection properly, all my I've been looking at the unclear image of me in the water but now I can fully looked at my own face.

I turned to face the mirror.

"Oh.." I can't tell anything more than that.

My golden hair was now below my shoulders, they're glistening. Bathing does make magic. I unconsciously touched my face. Honestly speaking, it's pretty.

In my dreams I could now the faces of the Charlotte there from instincts and their hair color and eyes, but whenever I woke up I would clearly forget about them except for the hair, eyes and the scenarios.

"Oh, my lady. She's crying."

Am I? It's just that this beautiful face won't matter in front of danger.

"Those f-cking bastards really deserve to d-e!" Karen said with an angry face and clutched her fist. Jane hit her after.

"Ow! That hurts sister!"

"Be careful with your mouth, we're in the presence of the lady."

"Hmp."

"But really, it's so sad. My lady, I'll definitely make you happy! I'll learn many hairstyle tips from the maids with magical hands!" Joy said with determination.

"Right! We definitely will!"

I smiled after hearing them.

"I apologize for this my lady."

And Leia hugged me, it was abrupt but the warmth is so comfortable. Just like her embrace, it's different now since it's her sister.