Chapter 36

"It's been 20 minutes already."

I heard Jane exclaimed from the back. She said that because I'm still front the mirror, I'm taking my time to look at my own reflection. Ten years of not being able to look clearly on my own reflection can never compare to what I am feeling right now.

I am quite happy, but also not. Mixed emotions since I can trace my own mothers features in my face but only few can tell, I do really looked like father. Ahem.

Maybe I should take consideration of calling that? Maybe I really should.

*grumble*

Oh. I've just eaten though?

"Oh my, my lady seemed hungry once more. We shall prepare your snacks."

I don't know what to do so I just nodded and sat on the couch. Jane and Joy came out whilr Karen, Mary and Leia stayed.

*poof*

I-It's so soft, so comfortable. And there's this weird expression on Karen and Mary, and of course Leia, the unmovable.

"So cute~ I can die now with no regrets."

Karen added to Mary's statement, "I definitely live for this moment to happen!"

I just shrugged it off since they're making exaggerated expressions and I don't want to know the reason so I just sat there very comfortably.

Very comfortable that I dozed off unknowingly. Then suddenly saw a blanket over my body.

Sound of steps coming near me was heard while I was rubbing my eyes. "Oh you're awake my lady." said Leia.

"I'm sorry, I slept again. It was so comfortable."

I looked up to her, and of course her poker face again is very visible as always.

"It's okay my lady, children should sleep well and sleep so they could grow a lot more healthy. Let me give you a glass of water." and she then took a glass of water and gave it to me.

"Where's others?"

"They're on other duties, they've been given other tasks for awhile so I'll be with you today." She said, sounding polite but since she can't give emotions it's blank but I know she's trying her best.

I nodded and gave her the empty glass.

"Shall we take a walk? It'll be spring soon, it might be cold here but the garden is different. And it's still early for dinner since it's afternoon."

My ears perked up and my eyes then looked at her with enthusiasm. Walk, garden!

Oh wait, speaking of garden. Those memories again.

No, I can't be like this! I said I'll start to live on what I want now, I don't want to be discouraged anymore!

"Is there something wrong?"

I shook my head and said, "Take me there. Walk. Garden."

"WOW!" is the only thing I could say. Even though we're definitely in the north where it should've been really really cold, this place is rather warm and pleasant. Specially spring's coming.

"Beautiful isn't it? Since this place is once our God, Devin's haven. So this garden was located at the center and where's the main palace is built so that they can protect this garden." Leia explained.

I just nodded and admire the beauty of the place. And of course, not surprisingly at the middle of the garden where there's a table was the blue roses are located.

"And this is the heart of this garden, God Devlin loves the blue color since it's very pure and deep to look at. Even though it's very light than his real identity, the God of darkness. He chose it so the fear of his people could lessen and be approachable." Hm-m, I'm learning a lot.

"The air is good for snacks, you weren't able to eat them earlier so we gave them to others since it'll not taste great if it's cold. Do you want me to bring some?"

And again of course I nodded, she left me behind after saying it won't be long. So I stayed and wait, but waiting without doing is making me sleepy so I decided to take a walk to the roses.

And again, why is there a weird rose at the group of blue roses.

But now it's different, there's a tint of gold in the middle. It's making me want to touch them, very very much tempting. It was the same feeling that I felt on the abandoned house's garden.

Unlike before when I was scared, now I was only filled with curiosity and enthusiasm to touch it. Maybe that voice will talk to me again if touched it noh?

But before I could even touch it, a voice was heard.

"Oh, the little chick is now on a walk. You sure is lively." And of course I just looked straight at him. This black haired is always on the right time of interruptions.

I looked back to where my hand's reaching out to, the black rose was gone. And when I looked back at Derick, I think he was glaring at somewhere for a moment but changed after. The direction was on the same spot where my hand's reaching out to. But I just shrugged it off because maybe I'm mistaken.

Now, I don't know if I should be happy or not to his statement, but saying that I'm a chick is unpleasant.

"You're not much different." I said to get back at him.

"Heh. Don't try too hard." said Derick and smirked, yes the one and only. So I glared at him.

"Good to know you're back to yourself that you could even glare at me." He kept on going and kept on teasing, he looked like an idiot seriously.

"Stop it sir Derick." Leia said with the other maids holding trays and snacks, so I stuck my tongue out at him. And he chuckled.

"Shall we then take a sit? Maybe this would a good time for you to talk with me now."

So then we sat, while Leia and others prepared the table and the food. They all smiled before leaving, of course except Leia.

• • • •

Hello dear readers! How are y'all? I am very happy because we've now reached the number of reads I could never expect, 30k reads and a thousand of likes. It maybe less but for a novice writer like me, it's already my greatest joy specially those people who expressed their thoughts and emotions in their comments. I am very delighted, and very very happy that I don't know what to say.

There are many others telling me it's been a long time since I started this story, and I don't even have any income so why am I still doing this? First of all, this is my first time writing a historical - fantasy novel and in English. It's hard, I've been through many writer's block but I this is also my happiness that's I continued to write. And I am very glad many of you appreciated this work.

I am also very excited, thrilled and curious as to what the characters of this story can go further so I want to continue.

And other than my gratitude to all of you, most of y'all are silent readers but you're very much appreciated really T^T but I think I'll be much busier again, I'm now a future freshmen in college so I'm quite busy on preparing reqs and etc. I just graduated from senior high school (in flying colors) so I'm very much new to my next journey, and that also made my mind go awry since writer's block is on the way again and writing the next part is very hard but thanks to all of you, maybe I could now pick up where I left off.

And I hope till the end you'll still go and read! hehe, you readers are one of my greatest joy and that give me much energy to continue. I'm planning to write another story after I'll finish this one.

Maybe you're curious as why am I endorsing the other story, is The Protagonist's Child is nearing it's end? Hmm, can't be sure. It ain't yet. I'm just setting up my plans.

Once again, thank you very much for reaching this far! Much love from me! Heart heart!

- adorablepen