Chapter 24

I looked at him weirdly, and he's ignoring me now after saying that.

Well, whatever. Gonna eat now.

A while later, the food seemed like it wasn't moved at all because of how many it is.

Then does that mean, Leione's usual order was this many? How can she finish this whole bunch?

"Just eat slowly, it won't run."

It's so yummy that I can't help it.

"Leione, it seems like you brought a squirrel rather than a kid."

Is he making fun of me now?

"Right? HAHA, don't just stuff them down on your mouth. Chew and swallow them ok? Pfft."

Argh, they're making fun of me. Whatever, gonna have my share.

"Black haired people are rare to be seen here, but not in your hometown. Right Leo?" And the man earlier came to us and said.

"Oh right, Jin this is Charlie and.."

"Rico." Derick said. It looks like we should use other names here.

"And Rico! They're my acquainted friends' children, but we became close and tagged along. Charlie and Rico, this is Jin the owner of this Resto. He's my close friend."

I bowed my head and smile as hello. Derick just slightly bowed his head and that's it.

Geez.

"Jin, at your service! Oh right, Leo, you should keep an eye on theses kids. They're pretty and had rare black hair, those kind of people are always the target of those scums." Jin said and tapped Leione's shoulder.

"I got it Jin, can you give me beer?"

"It's still daytime, just come back when it's night time."

"Why not?"

"Just because—"

And they laughed it off.

Jin kept saying that black hair 'kids', does that include me?

Huh? Did my hair changed to black now and not white?

"What's he talking about hair colors?"

"Oh, Derick put magic on you and changed your hair color." Leione explained.

"Why black?" I asked Derick, and he just shrugged his shoulders.

What's wrong with him?

After moments of eating and chatting, we almost ate half of it, and the rest was about to be eaten by Leione but she said that it should be given to the children on the slums.

That's a good act though.

"Shall we walk for awhile?" And yes, we walk then.

We were heading to the central fountain, of this place.

Every city or town in the empire has fountains on their center, and those fountains were surrounded by roses.

And in this empire, the roses are green.

It's weird if you ask me, how did roses even grow in this kind of weather. Well, I don't know either. But they said those roses aren't seasonal, they bloomed in any season. But Hanlon Empire's green roses bloom beautifully during spring.

It was all according to Leione just now.

"And here we are."

When we reached the said place, it was not that crowded but there are still people there.

Some are making snowman, some are playing, throwing snow and the others seemed like praying in front of the fountain.

"What are they doing?"

"Oh that? They're praying to the Goddess Alina. Fountains surrounded with green roses in each place are said to be a likely place where the Goddess visit, and you can throw your precious thing in the fountain or some coin, touch and pick one petal from a rose and pray."

What a weird thing to do, but it seems normal here.

"And not just in Hanlon, in each continents or Empire you'll see fountains surrounded with roses are said to be sacred. But they differ in colors since each empire has a rose that symbolizes them." Hmm, I see.

After standing for awhile, I invited them to play.

And Derick's the difficult one to invite. What a killjoy, but he still did join. He's— argh!

"Do you know how to make a snow angel?" I asked while rounding the snowman's head.

"Snow angel? I never heard of one." Leione said while piercing some little branch to be the snowman's arms.

"Oh, sorry, I put a little bit strength."

Yeah people, the snowman was a mess. Every. Single. Time.

"Hmm, let me." I said and do it right this time.

And after a few more attempts, we now did completely, perfectly, well made the snowman.

They're both bad at this even though this is my first time as well.

Then, shall we make the snow angel?

I laid down and Leione made a panicked look.

"Pfft, it's fine Leione. I'm just making a snow angel."

They looked confused.

I then started moving. Wait, why can't I move? Argh, this body. A moment later, I still can't make my arms and legs move.

Whyyyy!?

Okay, one more time. T-there. Yes! HAHA!

A moment later.

"Leione, I can't stand."

I froze, yes, I definitely froze. My body won't move.

"Geez, even though you wanna do that snow angel badly, you should've let Derick do that."

She said while wiping, cleaning, and checking me.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to try it."

"I thought this snow angel would look like a snowman with wings but, it's creative huh?"

Then later on, many people there did that too. They're having fun, and I, now, am stuck in feeling cold.

Then, something warm was wrapped around me that even my head was wrapped too.

"There, you won't feel cold much right? Pfft, you looked like a corpse that was wrapped."

If I could just hit this guy hard on the head, I would!

But this really is warm..

Argh! But I can't breath properly you j-rk!

* * *

I think I updated the chapters in a wrong arrangement, gomenasai! So here it is. Gosh, I just noticed it today. My mind's been out of the world for the past few days, so sorry. Have a great day!