Chapter 40

A few moments after that blinding situation. We're now being served with two compiled sweets. The other side with big kinds of sweets were from Delancy and the small bites kind of sweets are from Nicorine, it's obvious that she had taken great consideration about me. And I saw a familiar one on Nicorine's side, macarons.

So then I started eating or tasting them rather. But why does father looked so excited about this?

A moment later, he took a piece of macaron and placed it in front of me. His face is expressionless but while I looked into his eyes, they're shining with excitement.

I was confused at first but I just then took a bite from the macaron in front of me.

It's really heavenly but to be fair of course, father took a spoon and scooped from the cake on Delancy's side. So I ate it too. It tasted sweet and delicious too, but there's something I couldn't explain from it and since father's enjoying this I just didn't mind.

At the end of the day, we couldn't decide who's the winner of the 'duel' so both of them can serve me. Yes, they're serving me. They'll be my exclusive patissier, so on my call they'll be there. I don't need sweets everyday since Leia said it's bad for my teeth and health too, so maybe just occasionally or moderately.

"Are you happy?" Leia said while putting me to bed.

I nodded as an answer.

The next day, I was lying in bed the whole day except of course when I need to eat and take a bath. But I think I'm forgetting about something.

Oh right!

"Leia."

"Yes?"

I sat down after remembering something.

"I haven't given my reply to Lin yet. Can you bring me some paper?"

She then brought me a pen and a scented paper. It's very fragrant. Rose scent.

I wrote a message asking how is she and thanking her for giving me a letter as she still seemed to care for me. Then, I invited her to have tea with me if she have time. Although I hate tea time as I love to go napping.

And after the sweets or pastry event that caused so much commotion, father went busy again. It's for real now, busy with work. Even though he said he would still give me time if I would visit his office but his assistant Victor won't recommend it since the Emperor left his piled paperwork and Victor can't handle more.

Tomorrow's the day the teachers that was hired by father would arrive. At first I thought it would be only one but since there's a lot to know and learn, a few is needed.

History class, etiquette, dance and magic class. There's also combat class where I would use weapons but since I'm in my recuperating moment, even though I'm fine now, father insisted that I still need a month or so before engaging to kind of activities. But studying is not a vigorous activity, though my mind will go off. I don't know if you get me but nevermind, I'm interested in studying though.

Ah, calling George as father is still quite unusual. Well, I'll get use to it as time goes by.

I stretched my arm for a bit and put the letter down, and read it again and again. It's quite okay now.

Then someone knocked on the door.

"My lady, can I come in. This is Leia."

With that monotonous tone and voice, that's definitely Leia.

"Come in."

She opened the door and got inside, and she was holding a tray with a letter.

Letters nowadays are kinda popular huh? Or I'm not just particularly fond of it since it's so new for me.