chapter 14

"But what if he doesn't like me back?"

"Oh I'm sure he will like you back! now come on Liam, let's go to your future boyfriend"

He blushes and follows Henry. He lets out a sigh and looks at the bouquet of flowers for William. He hopes that this won't ruin their friendship.
___________________________________________

"Alright there he is!"

He glanced over at William who is talking with Clara, he feels even more nervous than ever.

"I don't know Hen, maybe i shouldn't do this.."

He looks at me dead in the eyes before saying

"If you don't get there right now, i will literally kick your ass"

"Alright alright, jeez i'll do it.."

"Good good, now go"

He starts walking towards William and Clara. He takes a deep breath and puts on his best smile for him.

"Hey Will!"

William turns around to see his best friend.

"Oh hey there bud! what's up?"

"Well uhm..can we talk for a minute? It's really important."

"Sure, Clara I'll be right back."

She just smiled at him before walking away. Liam and William walks towards the back of the school where no one can hear them talk. Liam thought this place is perfect to confess his love for William. The back of the school is beautiful, there are trees there, flowers and even a fountain.

"So what's up?"

He looks nervous for a second before he took a deep breath and tries to calm himself down.

"William..you have been my best friend for..a long time and you are the best person i have ever met but i have something to say to you."

William is confused on where this is going.

"William i.. liked you since elementary school and you always made me really happy. You were there for me whenever i needed you and everything that you do will never stop to amaze me. I really really admire everything that you do. You're full of talents and i think you're..beautiful. I understand if you don't like me back."

William looks suprised, he scratched the back of his head not really knowing what to say.

"Holy shit Liam..are you being serious right now..?"

"I have never been more serious than right now in my entire life."

"i..i don't know what to say.."

William sighed before he gathers up his courage to speak again.

"Liam..we have been best friends for years and..i like for it to stay like that..don't get me wrong though..you are a really great guy and..i want to thank you for making me happy all these years but..
I'm sorry but I'm in a relationship with Clara."

Liam could feel his heart breaking to a million pieces. After all this time..all those years of trying to impress William..all of it went down the drain.
He couldn't believe what he was hearing.. his crush is already in a relationship with his friend.

"Oh..it's okay i..understand. I know why you like Clara, she is a great person and she is beautiful too..i hope you and her have a great relationship. But..are we still friends..?"

"Of course we are! I'm not going to let this..whole thing ruin our friendship. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone that you love someday bud. After all, who wouldn't love an amazing guy like you?"

"Haha yeah.."

"We should get back now, recess is almost over and i don't want Clara worrying"

"Oh..you can go ahead, i think i'll stay here for awhile."

He smiled softly before walking away leaving Liam alone. He just stood there heartbroken before eventually bursting into tears. He broke down as tears pours out of his eyes. He hid his face with his hands as he continues to cry freely without a care that anyone could be watching him.

"Stupid,stupid,stupid,STUPID!"

'i should've known he is with Clara! why would he be with me..?'
___________________________________________

"Hey there Liam,how did it-"

He didn't get to finish his sentence after he saw the state of his friend. His face are tear stained and his eyes are red because of crying.

"Liam..What happened!?"

He is worried for Liam,he has never seen him like this before.
"He rejected me.."
Henry's eyes widened and hugs Liam trying to comfort him the best he could.
"Why did he do that?"
"He is in a relationship with Clara.."
"There there bud,I'm sorry to hear that"
*Sigh*
"It's okay Hen,atleast he is happy with her"
He tried giving him a reassuring smile,Henry looks a bit unsure.
"Are you sure?we can hangout at my place to make you feel better if you want"
"That sounds nice Hen"