Chapter 68

-William-

"Liam, I'm home!" 
I wait for him to respond but I'm only greeted with the uncomfortable silence.
"He must be asleep..go ahead and rest Danny,I'm sure you must be tired."
He nods before walking away to his room. I walk into the living room to find something adorable. Liam in his Glitchtrap form sleeping on the couch with Layla in his arms who is also sleeping peacefully.

I smile softly before walking towards them and picking Layla up. Liam seems to wake up from that and lets out a groan.
"William? You're home already?"
"Yes..there was a little accident at work so i decided to pick Danny up from school and came home early"
"I see..well do you want me to put Layla back in her bedroom?"
"Yes please."

-Liam-

After i put Layla back in her room, i sit next to William on the couch.
"So how was work?"
"Uhm..hell like always"
"You okay? You're acting a bit weird.."
"I'm fine.."

I notice that William is clutching his stomach and he looks like he is in pain. I took his hand away from his stomach and i could see the blood stain on his shirt.
"William! What happened!? Are you okay!?"
"I'm fine..just got into some trouble at work that's all.."
"You're literally bleeding! Uhh..hold on! I'll go grab the medkit!"

I rush to his office and quickly rummage in the cabinets,not caring about making a mess right now.i eventually found the medkit and quickly rushes back to William who is on the verge of passing out.
"William..can i take your shirt off..? I need to treat the wound.."

He looks at me before nodding hesitantly. I sit on his lap as i start to unbutton his shirt. I take off his shirt and throws it on the ground. The wound is quite big and William is losing a hell ton of blood which can cause him to pass out.

"Oh fuck..how did this even happen!? Did someone hurt you!?"
"I guess you can say that.."
"Who!? Who in the actual fuck had hurt you!? I'm going to give them a piece of my fucking mind!"
"No! It's fine..Foxy just had a little malfunction that's all.."

He lets out a yelp as i put pressure on the wound using a cloth. I grab the alcohol and pours it on the wound.
"Ah fuck! Be careful!"
"I know i know! Shit! You are so damn lucky that i was a medical student once!"
______________________________________________
I finish treating and bandaging his wound as i let out a sigh.
"There.. please be more careful next time.."
He just hums before slumping back on the couch. I sit next to him as he rests his head on my shoulder while i brush his hair with my fingers.

"Wait.. William.. something's off.."
"Hm? What do you mean by that?"
"Your wound.. why didn't it heal immediately..? The drive from the pizzeria and back to our home is long,the wound should've healed already.."
"I..i don't know.."
"The remnant should've healed you hours ago..i don't understand! Did i do something wrong!?"
"Liam calm down-"
"Was the children's souls not enough!? Was i supposed to add something another ingredient!?"
"Darling calm down.."
"How!? How in the actual fuck am i supposed to calm down right now!? You- you could've died because of me!"

I cry in frustration as i drop on the ground and hides my face between my knees.

-William-

Oh my..
Is he actually crying..?
ive never seen him cry before so seeing him like this for the first time breaks my heart.
I carefully gets up from the couch, ignoring the pain in my stomach as i crouch down in front of him.

"Liam.. Darling..look at me.."
He lifts his head slowly and i could see his tearful eyes. I cup his face as i wipe his tears and kisses his cheek.
"Why would you think that i could've died because of you..?"
"...i..i must've done something wrong while making the remnant..you could've bleed to death just because i didn't make the remnant correctly..why do i always mess up everything.."
"Oh darling..it's not your fault..i would've bleed to death if you didn't treat my wound..plus I'm sure you made the remnant correctly.."
"..how would you know that.."
"..back when you first injected me with the remnant..you out killing some people and i took that chance to...try and stab myself."
"..but why..?"
"I didn't really had anyone to live for..and i thought that maybe i could see you and my children in heaven..but as you can see the plan obviously failed since the stab wound healed almost immediately. Plus, I'm naive to think that i would go to heaven after killing innocent children just so that i could be immortal."
"..so we could've gotten separated again if i didn't make the remnant.."
"Yes probably. But wouldn't you also go in the afterlife with me?"
"No..my soul is stuck with the Glitchtrap form and i can't move on to the afterlife even if i wanted to. If you die I'll be all alone,that's why I made you the remnant. So your can be immortal and stay with me..it's a really selfish thing i did and i should've thought about how you felt about it first instead of forcing you.."
"Liam..it wasn't a selfish thing you did..i think I'd rather stay here with you Darling.."

I hug him and rubs circles on his back as i could still hear him sob.
"Liam Darling..i have a question..i don't mean to offend you but..why have I never seen you cry before..? I don't recall the last time i ever saw you cry infront of me.."
"...i was scared that you would think of me as a weak person..i had always wanted you to think of me as someone strong who can protect you, not a weak person who cries Infront of you..I'm sorry you have to see me cry like this.."
"Oh Liam..wow..i didn't know you had felt that way..I'm sorry that i made you feel that way..but you don't have to hide your pain from me.. crying doesn't make you weak..and i think you are the strongest person i have ever met.."
".. really..? You think so..?"
"I know so.."
"..i also had to hide my pain from you since you have been through enough and i don't want you to stress over me..i don't want to be a burden to you.."
"You're not a burden to me. Don't ever say that. You have done nothing but make me happy all this time. You have always told me to stop being so hard on myself..but this time I'm the one telling you that you should go easy on yourself. You can always talk to me about how you feel darling.."
".. William can you promise me something..?"
"Of course.."
".. promise that you won't leave me again. I lost you twice and i can't lose you again.."
"I won't..I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying right here with you and our children."
"Promise..?"
"I promise darling."

I kiss his head as i continue to rub his back to comfort him.
"I love you darling"
"I love you too.."

-Liam-

"I'm still wondering why your wound didn't heal.."
"I'm sure it isn't that big of a deal.."
"But it is. What if you get hurt again and i won't be there to help you?"
"I'll be fine. Im William Afton, i always come back."
"Pfft that sounded so edgy- but sure whatever floats your boat"
"Yeah yeah whatever."
"But back to what i was saying. I still have a batch of remnant,should i inject you with the remnant again? You know just Incase.."
"I don't know..it really hurt last time. I'm not sure if i would even survive this time."
"Did it really hurt that bad..?"
"It felt like my insides were being torn apart and every inch of my body felt like it was burning. its as painful as getting springlocked and giving birth."
"Well what else should we do then..? Should i run some tests on you so maybe i could find out what's wrong..?"
"Pfft Since when were you a scientist? Plus when did you become so smart?"

He scoffed as i could see his face becoming red.
"Im just joking darling"
"Yeah yeah sure, but seriously maybe i should run some tests on you..but i won't force you if you don't want to. I'll only do it if you're willing to let me do tests on you. I won't do anything you're not comfortable with."
"I mean..i trust you but..what exactly are you going to do to me..?"
"I'll just take some blood samples and maybe inject you with some stuff"
"..i guess it's fine if you run some tests on me. I trust you."
"Okay great..but if you ever feel uncomfortable, we can just stop okay?"
"Of course darling"