Part 6

Klarissa's POV

When I woke up, a sense of panic came over me. I was now in a large black and grey themed bedroom with large windows. Looking outside of them, I saw the beautiful New York skyline.

At this point I knew that I had to be at Lorenzo's apartment. I have no idea how I actually got here, but I'm just glad I don't have to stay in that roach infested place anymore.

"You're awake." I heard Lorenzo's voice say behind me.

"And so are you." I said as I sat up to look at him. "When did we get here?"

"A couple hours ago. You fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you." he said as he nervously fiddled with his phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I gave him a skeptical look.

"Umm...well..." he started to say. "Your father called."

"And what did he want?" I asked cooly.

Inside, I was trying my best to not freak out. Ever since that while incident with Dan and my brother, my family has been quiet. My sister and I aren't really allowed to talk anymore and my father has been declining my calls. To an extent, I think that they are embarrassed from what Mateo did to Lorenzo. After all, he did almost kill my future husband.

"He just wanted to talk to you." he said slowly.

"Well, I don't want to talk to him." I said as I got up off the bed and made my way towards the bathroom.

"Klarissa wait!" he said as he followed after me. "I think that you should just hear him out."

I paused for a moment before I turned around to look at Lorenzo.

"You. Of all people. Want me to call and hear what my father has to say!" I said with anger laced in my tone. "I thought you were happy that they were finally leaving us alone."

"I am but they are your family. We still have a whole wedding to get through and the less drama the better." he reasoned.

"Then I'll just not invite them to the wedding. If you recall, we haven't officially sent out invitations yet." I said as I started back into the bathroom.

"Don't be irrational. You want to go to the Spanish county side for our wedding, which is where your family is from! Don't you think that one of your relatives there will call you father?" he reasoned.

I could tell that he was trying his best to calm the whole situation down. But, I was so angry at my family that all I was seeing was red.

"Then we'll move the wedding to Florence." I said in a matter of fact tone.

"Florence!" he said with surprise. "But you don't know anyone in Florence."

"That's kinda the whole point." I said as I started to take off my clothes so I could take a shower.

"And whose going to walk you down the aisle?" he asked as he crossed his arms.

"One of your brothers." I said back to him.

"Oh my gosh Rissa." he groaned.

I could tell that I was frustrating him, but I didn't really care. He was trying his best to play both sides of the field for my sake, but I know I wasn't making it easy on him. After all, he just wants me to be happy.

"When you cool down a little, we'll talk." he said as he watched me slip into the shower.

"Whatever." I mumbled to him as I adjusted the waters temperature.