Part 31

Lorenzo's POV

The car ride to Chicago was smooth and thankfully there wasn't any issues. It was just Klarissa and I in one of the SUV's and my other brothers along with Angelo in the other.

Whenever I have to take a trip to Chicago it always turns into a family affair. Dealing with Thomas and the whores is always risky and I like having people around to help if everything goes to shit. Especially when what I'm about to do is so fucking dangerous.

If I'm being honest, the reason I initially was coming to Chicago wasn't to see Thomas. I had a meeting with another associate, but he pulled out last minute. And Angelo had this genius idea to just go and check on things with Thomas since we were here. Had I known we were going to the whore house to deal with this nasty fucker, I would of never brought Klarissa with us. It's far to dangerous.

"Pull over there." I said as I pointed at some shitty motel. "Make sure the other drivers know this is where we're stopping for the night."

I know exactly which part of Chicago we're in now, and it's definitely not the part that you stop in if you can help it. But, this is the closest motel to where we're gonna be so it's just easiest to stop here. Plus everyone I brought with me is armed so how much shit can really go wrong?

"We're getting out here?" Klarissa asked as she looked out the window with tired eyes. "Are you sure it's safe?"

I've been worrying about her this entire car ride. For the last 12 hours in this car I've been able to watch and analyze her. I could tell from how exhausted she's been and the way her body looks different that something's definitely up with her. Especially with what happened at her parents party and how she's sick on and off only adds to my concern.

"We're about to find out." I said as I started to get out of the car. Before I shut the door she gave me a concerned look.

I then walked around the car and opened her door. She then handed me her purse and things to carry for her.

Walking up to the motel manager, I handed him about $600 for the two rooms. I thought it was overpriced as hell, but I didn't really give a fuck. I just wanted to get my wife safe up in a room.

Handing Angelo one key and keeping the other, we all went up to our rooms. I put the key in the door and twisted it. After struggling with the old key for a second, it finally popped open.

Inside was definitely no Ritz Carlton. The tan carpet looked stained in a few spots and the walls had a bunch of places where the wallpaper was peeling off. Overall, the bedroom was small and the bathroom was even smaller. The only plus side was that the room had a small balcony. Considering where we are, the room wasn't to bad.

"Let's not make it a habit to stay in motels." Rissa joked as she looked around.

"I don't plan on it." I said as I looked around to make sure the room was safe. "Everything looks decent....I guess."

"Does it look $600 decent?" she asked as she sat down on the bed. "For one night?"

"Definitely not." I said as I locked up the door and pulled a random chair up in front of it. With one look at the doors lock, I didn't trust it. The only way I'd be able to get an hour of sleep in here is if I barricaded the damn door. Hense the chair.