Part 58

Lorenzo's POV

The club music was blaring, and the strobe lights kept shining in my section. I was sitting with Luca, Angelo, and a few of my captains in my club on the upper east side of New York. Cocaine and other types of paraphernalia were spread out all over the table. Surprisingly, I didn't even have an urge to snort a line or anything. That being said, drugs weren't really my problem; whiskey was.

My head was leaning against the seat, and I didn't feel like I was in my body. Everything around me felt like it was happening in slow motion, and I didn't want to be here. The only reason I came out was because Luca wanted me to come along with him.

Since Anika killed Portia, Anika is back to being her aloof self. That pretty much means that she and Luca are back to being just fuck buddies.

Luca had two strippers on him, and he seemed to be enjoying himself for the most part. Surprisingly enough, he took the break up pretty well, and he's just kinda living his life one girl at a time.

Angelo, who's always a sucker for a blow job, has been rejecting girls all night. He looked like he had a lot on his mind and it even drove him to drink. In his glass, he had chilled gin. Completely foul in my opinion, but to each his own I guess.

A girl that usually serves the VIP section eventually approached me. She was a good-looking girl, but I wasn't really in the mood tonight. Rissa's presence was still too fresh and I didn't really want some other girl disrupting the feeling I have right now.

Keeping my eyes dialed in on the crowd dancing on the lower deck, the girl came and sat down next to me. Not short after, another girl came up right next to me and started to touch the back of my neck.

I was hoping that my not acknowledging them would make them fuck off, but I wasn't that naive. They weren't going to stop till I physically pushed them off of me.

Looking over at Angelo, he had a fire in his eyes. He was looking at me with disgust and anger. When I saw Angelo at Tristian's house today, I knew something was off immediately. Not only had he not answered a single text, but he looked guilty. He was all disheveled and I could tell he was scrambling to get his bearings. But when I heard the tail end of Klarissa and her sister's argument and saw how she looked, I knew. I didn't want to believe it, but unfortunately, I knew my wife too well. She'd been messing around with my best friend.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I wasn't too surprised by it. After Ciro told me he suspected the two of them had chemistry, I started to notice little things about Angelo. The way he would react to her name when someone would bring her up and other small things in his body language. I had no idea how long his feelings have been going on, but I knew it was only a matter of time before he acted on them. Angelo loves women and loves to fuck them even more. As much as I don't want to think about it, the odds that Angelo has fucked my wife are pretty high. I'm honestly just waiting for his guilt to take over and for him to just tell me what's been going on between them.

I looked away from him and just continued to look straight ahead, trying my best to ignore the strippers. They reeked of cheap perfume and of other men. And I hate the smell of another man on a woman. Call me possessive, but it grosses me the fuck out.

Closing my eyes, I let my mind wander to the events of today. I tried my best to avoid the parts where Rissa mentioned my father and our child. God, was that a low blow. Despite what I allowed her to see, I loved my unborn child. I had a bit of a rocky start, but I wanted that baby more than anything in my whole life. To be a father and be better than what my father ever thought about giving me. My damn father. That fucking bastard still somehow haunts me even from the grave.