Part 61

Klarissa's POV

I sat impatiently in my mothers kitchen waiting for my late husband. He said he was going to be here 20 minutes ago, but there still isn't any sign of him.

It's been 5 month since Lorenzo and I have gotten back together. Everything has been fantastic between us and the effort he's been putting in hasn't gone to waste. Our marriage is stronger then I could've imagined it to be. We have truly fallen back in love with each other.

"You're late!" my mother scolded as she watched Lorenzo finally walk into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry." he apologized. "I got caught up."

He then came over to the seat next to mine. He leaned down and kissed my cheek before he sat down. My hand found his and I smiled at him.

Loud shouting then started to come from the hall. It sounded like Matteo and Kim were fighting again. I really thought a baby would help mellow them out, but I was wrong. A loud baby wail sounded and angry footsteps started coming down the hall.

My mother clicked her tongue with disapproval as Mateo appeared in the kitchen with his baby. Anger was blaring on his face.

"Here." I said as I reached my arms out to him. "Let me have her. Fighting isn't good for children."

He nodded and handed her to me. I kissed her cheek and Mateo left angrily towards the hall.

I sat back down in my seat and bounced the baby on my lap. Lorenzo's eyes were on me and the baby. It was the first time that he's seen my brothers daughter.

"She's pretty." he said as he touched the bottom of her foot. "I can tell she gets her beauty from your mother."

"Mijo!" my mother gasped as she hit Lorenzo's arm with her spatula.

"Que?!" he said with amusement clear on his face. The two of them do this every time. Lorenzo loves to flatter my mother whenever he gets the chance.

"Mama!" I said with surprise and I watched them. "Don't hurt him."

"He's fine." my mother said as she came back over and patted Lorenzo on the shoulder. "This little spatula isn't going to hurt him. He is a big boy."

Lorenzo laughed and looked over at my mother. She touched his cheek and she smiled down at him. My heart warmed as I watched the two of them. He was letting my mama see the gentle side of him. The side only me, Aria, and sometimes his brothers get to see. His perfect white teeth and dimples popped as he looked at her.

"Before I met you Tristan told me I should be cautious of you. He told me you were going to be too intimidating for my daughter." she said knowingly to him as she went over to get him a plate of food. "You put on a scary face, but I can see right through you. Aside from what you do for work I know you have a good heart."

He just chuckled at her words as she sat down a plate of food in front of him. He then thanked her before he started to dig in.

I couldn't help but laugh as well. As my mother goes on about how Lorenzo isn't intimidating, he's sitting in her kitchen with a loaded glock shoved in his waistband and knives in his pocket. He could end both my mother and I without breaking a sweat.

"So when are you two having a baby?" my mother asked as she put her hands on her hips. "It's been long enough don't you think, Klarissa? You aren't getting any younger."

My mother knew that I wanted a wait a little longer before Lorenzo and I tried to have a family. I'm terrified he's going to do something regrettable again and I don't want a child to get hurt in the middle of it. I don't want our child to suffer just because its father can't keep his hands to himself.