Part 7

Klarissa's POV

"That one is beautiful Rissa." Gianna said as her eyes fixed on the wedding gown I had on.

"I really like it." I mumbled as I bit my lip with excitement.

After numerous hours of me trying on and taking off dresses, I had finally found the one. It was a beautiful white lace, off the shoulder, long sleeve gown. The sleeves were sheer and my tan skin was showing underneath the lace. Its neckline was low enough that it added femininity to it, but conservative enough that I wasn't showing a bunch of cleavage.

"How much is this one?" I asked the woman that has been helping me.

"This one is one of our more expensive ones." she said as she looked for the tag. "It's $390,000."

"That's like $100,000 more than mine was!" Gianna said as she gasped.

"I want it." I said as I turned towards the lady with a big smile. "This is the one."

For the first time since I got here, I felt genuine happiness. My whole life I had always thought that my mom and sister would come with me to pick out my dress. But because of all the drama, I only invited Gianna. She's been through this whole process before so she's the best person to ask for advice at the moment.

"Great!" the lady said as she clapped her hands together. "I'll meet you at the front when you are ready."

When the lady finally disappeared into the shop, Gianna came to stand by my side.

"I already know he's going to love it." she said softly as he looked at me through the mirror.

"Hopefully you're right." I said as I smoothed the sides of the dress out.

I couldn't help but feel a little sad over this whole situation. On one of the most intimate parts of my wedding preparation, I had no support from my family.

Once I got out of the dress, I made my way out to the front counter. There, there was about three of Lorenzo's men with a bored expressions plastered on their faces. As soon as they saw me coming, the straightening up and walked over to assist me with the dress.

"Thanks." I said as two of the men wrestled with the dress in its protective bag.

A small laugh escaped my lips as I watched these two bulky men try and carry it to the car.

"It's going to be $390,000." the woman said grabbing my attention.

I reached down into my purse and retrieved Lorenzo's black metal card. With a smile, I handed it to the woman.

"Are you sure you don't want to pay with check?" she asked with a curious look. "The card will max out."

"The card doesn't have a max." I said with a smile.

An embarrassed expression washed over her face. I could tell that she was embarrassed for trying to get me to pay with a check.

The woman then moved over to the card reader and swiped it. Almost immediately, a loud beep erupted.

"It approved." she said as a small smile came onto her lips.

She then printed my receipt and handed me my card.

"Thanks." I said as I took my belongings and made my way out of the store.

By the time that I made it outside, it was completely dark.

"How long were we in there for?" I asked Gianna with surprise.

"I have no idea." Gianna said as we got into the back of the car.