Part 44

Klarissa's POV

When I got up in the morning, Lorenzo was already gone. After my breakdown last night, he held me till I fell back asleep. I feel horrible for how much of an emotional roller coaster I am. One day I'm telling him I'm completely fine, then the next, I'm balling my eyes out in the middle of the night.

After a quick shower, I got dressed and headed downstairs. As to be expected, Gianna and Aria were the only ones down eating breakfast.

"Hey." I said as I sat down across from them.

"Hey." she said back as she tried to get Aria to eat a piece of muffin. "How are you doing? I heard what happened at the wedding last night."

"I'm alright." I said as I poured myself a cup of coffee. "I had a breakdown last night, but I'm doing better now."

"And I couldn't believe your brother busted Lorenzo's lip last night." she added. "Especially because of who Lorenzo is and what he's done for them."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously as I surveyed some food. "I know my father and Mateo both work for him now."

"It's so much more than that." Gianna gossiped. "I overheard Angelo telling Ricco that Lorenzo gave your father millions to bail them out of whatever trouble they were in. Lorenzo wasn't too happy about it, but everything seems to have leveled out now."

"I had no idea about any of this." I said with surprise. "I wonder why he hasn't said anything about my family needing money. It's so embarrassing."

"If Lorenzo had a problem with it, he wouldn't have done it." Gianna said she gave me a comforting look. "Besides, a couple million is nothing to Lorenzo."

"How much money do you think he has?" I asked with amusement. "I've always wondered how rich he actually is."

"There's no way you don't know how much money you guys have!" she laughed. "All I know is that it's got to be way more than what Ricco has."

"So guess!" I said excitedly. "Obviously, this is just an estimate."

"Mmm, fine." she said as he thought. "A couple of years back, I remember seeing bank statements that someone left out. I almost choked when I saw the numbers."

"Which were?!" I asked with anticipation.

"The one at the bottom said $114 billion." she said. "It's probably gone way up since then, though. Lorenzo's done really well for himself."

"Billion!" I said with surprise. "There's no way."

"You told me to guess." she said as she smiled with amusement. "I don't even know what the statement was for or who it belonged to."

"Wow." I marveled as I thought about what she said.

"If you divorce him, you'd be set for life." she joked. "Maybe I'll leave Ricco, and you, me, and Aria will move away and live in paradise."

"Well, it's not really my money." I said as I took a bite of food. "I didn't earn it. Every billion is his."

"Half of it is your money, Rissa." Gianna said as she gave me a serious look. "You don't know what he was like before he met you. Believe me when I say you keep him grounded. What he puts you through on the daily entitles you to half of it."