Part 30

Klarissa's POV

"Ready?" she asked as I shoved the test into my purse.

"Yes." I said as I glanced one last time at the mirror to make sure I looked as normal as possible.

She then opened the door and looked around for a second before she let me through. We then both rushed back over to where I was originally sitting on the couch.

When we approached, Lorenzo was already sitting there with two drinks on a small table in front of him. His was already half way gone, while mine was still full.

"There you are!" I heard a man's voice say. "I've been looking for you everywhere."

A Spanish man was starting to approach us. He was walking quickly and I could tell he was eager to speak to one of us.

The man looked like he was decently tall and fairly attractive. He had a defined face structure and pretty brown eyes. I could tell he had a muscular build based on how he moved and how the clothes hung off his body. He also had a few tattoos that were peaking out the edges of his shirt.

"Who's that?" I asked my sister in a hushed tone.

"It's a long story." she said as she kept her eyes focused on the man. I could see her slowly start to paint a fake smile on her lips. "His name is Andres. Father wants me to marry him."

My mouth just about hit the floor at her words. I had no idea my father was looking for someone to marry my sister.

"Andres!" Alicia said as he kissed her on the cheek. "I'm so glad you found me!"

As soon as they started speaking, Lorenzo finally looked up and saw all of us.

Putting his phone away in his pocket, he focused all of his attention on me. We made eye contact for a moment and I could tell he thought something was off.

He then came up to us and kept glancing over at Andres. I could tell Andres was making Lorenzo uncomfortable. It was obvious that they didn't know each other and Lorenzo wanted to keep him at a safe distance.

"Andres!" my sister said as she laughed fairly and grabbed me by the arm. "This is my sister and her husband. I would love for you guys to become familiar with one another."

I shot my sister and look before I turned to Andres.

"I'm Klarissa." I said politely. All I could think about was how I was going to murder my sister for making me talk to his guy.

"I've heard lots about you." Andres said as he smiled at me.

"All good things I hope." I joked awkwardly.

"Of course." he said as he laughed. "I've heard some things from Alicia, but mostly I've heard things from your father. He talks very pridefully of how you married a Don."

He was now speaking more to Lorenzo then to me.

Lorenzo then turned and looked at Andres. I could tell how annoyed he was with him, but he was doing a good job of hiding it.

"Yes." I said as I faked another smile. "This is my husband Don Russo."

"I've heard lots about you." Andres said as he shook my husbands hand. "Never thought I would actually get the chance to meet you."

Alicia then swooped in and redirected the conversation. She's always been very good at reading a room. I bet she could feel Lorenzo's annoyance and wanted to take the attention off of him before he said something Andres wouldn't like.