Part 40

Klarissa's POV

I don't know how long I've been sitting on the tile floor of the shower, but the water was finally running cold. Goosebumps had covered my body and my fingertips were shriveled.

This entire time I've been replaying everything that's happened over these last few hours. Everything from last night to when the doctors told me I had lost our baby.

Self loathing and utter disappointment had set in. I hated how I failed myself and my husband by losing the baby. But what I hated more was how I blamed Lorenzo for what happened. I said horrible things to him and blamed him for all my pain.

And I know my words hurt him. I've never seen him recoil so much from something I said before. What made it worse was how he didn't even say anything. He just took it and let me yell at him. Since then, I don't think he's been back up here. I know he has work to do and I can't get in the way of that for him. Why would he want to come back up and see me after what I said to him anyway?

Putting my head on the top of my knees, I closed my eyes. I was exhausted and freezing. Everything in me wanted to get out of here, but I couldn't.

"Klarissa why are you on the floor?" I suddenly heard his voice ask with anxiety. "Did you fall?"

I jumped from surprise and picked my head up to look at my worried husband. He had a big fluffy towel over his shoulder and he was looking down at me.

"No..." I said said with my sore voice. "I just-"

"Get out of the shower, baby." he said as he turned off the water. "It's freezing."

He then reached down and helped me to my feet. Taking the towel off his shoulder, he opened the towel for me.

"I'm so sorry this happened to us baby." he said as he wrapped the towel around me. "I know you're hurting, but you gotta let me help..."

Once I got ahold of the towel, he wrapped his arms around me. I burrowed my head into his neck and let his heat warm me.

"...And if you need to yell at me again, it's okay." he said gently. "I can take it."

His words were enough to make me cry again. From his voice, I knew he didn't care about his feelings or how I treated him. All he cared about was my pain and how he wanted to make it better.

"I was awful Lorenzo." I choked out. "The things I said were so horrible and not true. I'm so sorry."

"I know." he said as he held me closer. "You're hurting and I get it."

He kissed the base of my neck and moved his hands up and down my body to help generate heat.

"Please go and put some clothes on." he said as he pulled away from me. "I'll wait in the bedroom for you."

He kissed me on the cheek before he turned and left towards the bedroom. Once I was alone, I dropped the towel and dressed myself with the loose clothes I had brought into the bathroom with me. I then went over to the sink to brush my teeth and get all the knots out of my hair.

I must have been taking a long time because Lorenzo appeared in the doorframe right before I finished brushing out my hair. He didn't say anything though. Silently he stood there and just watched me.

Putting the hairbrush down I went towards him. When he saw me coming, he moved out of the way for me to pass.

"They're asking about you." Lorenzo mumbled as he came to sit on the bed with me. "Your father tried to interrogate me about you, but it's not my place to say anything. In your own time you can tell him."