Part 50

OK Guys...Please don't hate me :(

Ciro's POV

I couldn't help but laugh as I watched my big brother from the sofa in his club. We've been in Dubai for only a couple of hours, and he's already working his ass off. The entire plane ride, he went on and on about how he wanted this to be a quick trip. It was his idea to go in the first place, so I'm not exactly sure what's gotten into him. I thought the whole point was to blow off some steam from his clearly stressful relationship.

He was sitting with an associate and Luca while sipping on something in a square glass. An amused smile played on his lips as he watched the half-naked stripper in front of them.

Sometimes I can't help but stare at my eldest brother, and I hate it. He reminds me so much of our father that it hurts. Lorenzo has all of papa's same mannerisms and most significant features.  Out of all of us brothers, he is the only one who inherited our father's green eyes. The rest of us have our mother's light brown eyes, and I'm still plagued with the feeling of jealousy because of it. But what really gets me is his smile. When he shows his genuine smile, it pops both of his deep dimples and wrinkles the skin on the sides of his eyes. When he does that, all I see is my papa. I've asked our other brothers if they've recognized it, and each one told me they haven't. Knowing that they've never seen the man that I have will always haunt me. Especially when I know what they all went through because of him, particularly Lorenzo.

He didn't have one of papa's smiles while he looked at the stripper, but his amused expression still made me think of him. The only woman who gets to see them is Rissa. I know how much he loves her, and I'm still a little surprised that he got her to marry him. It's no surprise why he wanted to marry her. She's beautiful and is genuinely a kind and gentle person. But no matter how much domesticating you do to him, you'll never be able to pull the playboy out of my brother. All my brothers know he would cheat on her if he really wanted to. Women have always been crazy for my brother, and him becoming a married man hasn't changed anything. It's not like he doesn't have the opportunity to fuck a random; it's the fact that he loves Rissa too goddamn much to cheat. He respects her and loves her so much to the point he would probably go mad with regret if he cheated. The guilt would eat at him and destroy him. I know for a fact that he would suffer more than she would, which says a lot because it's hard to get Lorenzo to give a fuck. It's how he's always been.

The reason I'm sitting over here rather than with them is simple. I have to tell him something, but I don't know how. It's probably better that I tell him rather than being surprised if he sees her, but I'm still cautious.

Earlier I saw Chanel and a few girls who looked like her friends at the main bar. The only reason I got close enough to see her was because I was going to flirt with one of her friends. She had a nice body, and I needed something to distract me from Grace. Our breakup is all I've been able to think about. I'm pathetic, and I fucking miss her. And what makes it worse is that I haven't told anyone about it. Not even Lorenzo. I'm itching to talk about it, but I'm kinda embarrassed too. 

When she saw me, she didn't hide her shock. I knew that as soon as she saw me, she knew Lorenzo wouldn't be far away. She knows my overprotective brother doesn't let me go too far without him. The odds of me being in Dubai alone weren't in my favor, and she knew that. We talked a little, but I really tried my best to keep everything short. Like Lorenzo, I shouldn't be talking to her since they used to be heavily involved. Even though I wasn't alive for most of their saga, I knew who she was. We all know who she is. As much as Lorenzo will deny it, I think he really loved her or had some connection at some point. I can only speculate this because of how he handles situations when she comes up. He's soft and tries to just avoid rather than just handling the situation. I don't know why he's like this, but he just is. Maybe it is something that happened between them that he doesn't like to talk about. But who knows?