Part 21

Unknown POV

He worships the ground she walks on. Everything she does he views as pure perfection. Clear down to the way she talks, to the way she smiles, and even the way she stupidly tilts her head back when she laughs. He's never been like this with anyone. The way I know he would burn the world down for her is dangerous. Not only for those who want to hurt her, but for him as well. Love will make some people do stupid things.

She was standing in front of him
now, in between his legs. He leaned back for a moment to have a sip of his drink before he turned his attention back to her. It was like they were the only ones in this crowded ballroom. All they could see was each other. She was now starring down at him with that sparkle in her eye. That innocent sparkle is what made her famous amongst men. She had no idea about it, but every mafia man in the state of New York new about it. She was know as Tristan Molina's most beautiful daughter. Tristan knew of her reputation, so he kept her hidden away and made her oblivious of it. She was his most valuable piece in this world. And I must say he did well. Marrying her off to a Russo, Lorenzo Russo of all people, was very impressive. Fathers have been trying to nail him down for their daughters for years, but no one's been able to do it. She made capturing the heart of the scariest man in New York look simple. And she had indeed captured his heart.

He now had his hands resting against the back of her legs, and he was letting her see his smile. He's always had a nice smile. You seldom see it, but when you do you are able to see past that hard and emotionless exterior. I've noticed he smiles more since he's been with her.

It's honestly no surprise to the people that actually pay attention to these small intimate moments that he's actually madly in love with her. He's been able to convince many people in this room that this marriage is a business arrangement, which is why we have all been invited. But, I'm not so easily fooled. Just by observing the two of them I know his greatest weakness. And she is what is going to be crucial to burning down his empire, with all the Russos down with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Klarissa's POV

I bent down and kissed him gently on his lips. The taste and smell of peppermint flooded my senses. Somehow he always tasted of peppermint, it was like his signature smell.

Tonight has been perfect. He's been perfect. I'm finally having my dream wedding with the man of my dreams.

"You have to play the part tonight, ok?" he said as he looked up at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked with confusion. "What type of part?"

"The part of being my wife." he explained. "Most of the family heads are old fashioned. They have a more traditional idea of a woman's place in the home. Women aren't supposed to have an opinion or be shown any respect. This is a man's world."

"So you want me to be your trophy wife?" I asked humorously.

"Yes, that's exactly what I want from you. You father has done well teaching you how to move around these types of men." he said. "All I'm asking is for you to do exactly as you've been taught, and refrain from drinking too much. You are very elegant and refined when you aren't drinking too much alcohol. Your elegance is what initially caught my eye."

"My father taught me to be afraid of these men." I said back to him. "And to never be alone so I won't be assumed or actually become compromised."