Part 29

Klarissa's POV

"How much you want to bet this time sir?" the dealer asked.

"500." Lorenzo said as a smirk came onto his lips.

"Just 500 dollars sir?" the dealer asked.

"No, 500 thousand." he said as he counted out the correct number of chips.

The rest of the table was immediately filled with quiet chatter. My relatives at the table were by no means poor, but they definitely did not have 500k to just blow at a game of blackjack.

"Feeling lucky tonight aren't you?" my uncle asked from across the table.

"You could say that." Lorenzo said with a low chuckle.

I watched as a small glitz of excitement glimmered in his eyes. It's very obvious that gambling excites him and that feeling seems to make him kind of reckless.

"Don't you think that's kind of a lot." I asked in a gentle tone.

"Nah." he said as he reached down to take a sip of his liquor. "Do you want to play next round?"

"With your money?" I asked as I gave him a serious look.

"With our money." he corrected in a soft tone. "So do you want to play or not?"

"Sure, but I've never gambled before though." I said back to him.

"You'll have beginners luck then." he answered as the dealer started to deal the cards. "But maybe we should start with something more basic. So you won't get overwhelmed."

I then felt him wrap his arm wrap around my waist and rest his hand on my stomach. Lately, I've noticed that I've gained a little bit of weight, and it has all gone to my stomach. Not only have I been feeling self conscious about it, but Lorenzo can't seem to stop touching it. I've thought it was kind of odd since he usually just touches my ass or hips.

As the dealer distributed the cards, I watched different emotions crossed everyone's face. Some people looked pleased, but the majority of them looked disappointed.

Looking down at Lorenzo's card, it read to be an 8. I knew that the goal of this game was to get to 21, but I didn't really have a clue to how you got to that number.

"Do you want to hit or stand?" the dealer asked.

"Hit." Lorenzo answered plainly.

Immediately the dealer dealt another card. It was a 7.

"You are at 15, do you want to hit again or stand?" the dealer asked again.

Lorenzo looked at the card for a moment and appeared to be in thought. A short moment went by before he decided to answer.

"Fuck it, hit." he said to the dealer.

With a smile crossing the dealers face, he reached for another card.

"Don't fuck me over now." Lorenzo joked to the dealer.

A laugh escaped the dealers lips and he placed down the card. It was a 5.

"20." the dealer said as he put the card down on the table. "Congratulations, you win. The dealers cards add to 19."