Part 54

A Month Later

Lorenzo's POV

"You're really starting to fucking lose it," Ciro said as I shattered another glass against the marble countertop. This was the fourth glass I'd broken this week. I knew I'd been really short-tempered lately, but he needed to calm down. It was just a glass. "Someone will fix the fucking bar, okay?"

"That's not the point." I snapped. "I've told the strippers to stay on the stage and leave the bar tops alone!"

"Yeah, well, they didn't fucking listen!" Ciro argued back. "It's really not that big of a deal. You can get the damn thing replaced in the morning."

I just got word that a couple of girls at my club fucked up the expensive countertops on the bar. I've told them many times to stay off the countertops, but they don't always listen. Contrary to what they believe, most of the things I tell them not to do is for their own safety. The bar tops get scratched easily, and I also don't want them falling off and getting hurt.

"I'm taking it out of their pay." I grumbled with annoyance.

"Okay, take it out of their pay then." Ciro said as he rolled his eyes. "You really need to stop getting so worked up over such small things. Everything nowadays sets you off."

"I'm fine." I said as I stepped closer to him. "But you need to watch your fucking attitude, Ciro. I'm tired of you disrespecting me and using that fucking tone."

"I know you're not lecturing me on attitude." he said with annoyance. "You've been excruciatingly difficult to live with you for the last month! All of us have been so damn exhausted because of how hard you've been working us."

"This is my fucking house, and if you don't like how I run it, you're more than welcome to leave." I said as I pointed at the door. "I'm sick of everyone's shit."

"Not all of us can function on 2 hours of sleep a night, Lorenzo! Unlike you and Angelo, the rest of us like to maintain normal sleep schedules." he argued. "If you haven't noticed, no one's here right now. And it's because everyone's sleeping! And it's barely 8 PM! I couldn't even tell you the last time I had a piece of ass. And Ricco hasn't been able to spend time with Aria or Gianna lately. You know he and Gianna have a lot to plan for their new baby too!"

"Then why are you here?" I asked as I crossed my arms. "After all, you're so overworked."

"Because I'm worried about you, okay!" he said with exasperation. "Ever since Rissa left, you've been returning to how you used to be. You're cold and so damn depressing to be around."

"I already told you guys I'm fine," I mumbled to him. "Everything is under control."

"Yeah, sure." he said with annoyance. "All of us want to be here for you, but it's hard when you act like this. You need to stop pushing us all away."

As much as I didn't want to admit it, Ciro was right. My temper has been a bit out of control lately. Some of it's probably because of Rissa, but most of it stems from me being in withdrawal. All the drinking and drugs I'm done with for good. After all, my alcoholism is what lost me my wife, and my family.

"Look, I don't mean to pry-"

"So don't!" I snapped as I crossed my arms with annoyance.