Part 56

Lorenzo's POV

"I think we could do more to maximize the profits." I said as I took off my glasses and set down the portfolio. "The product is moving smoothly through South America so maybe we should try getting more in through a different port."

"Don't you think it's a little ambitious?" Ricco asked. "We just got the French off our backs and bringing in more money could cause suspicion."

"The clubs in America and around the world are doing so well." I said back. "With business flourishing like this no one would suspect anything. Plus half of law enforcement is on my pay roll."

"I was just saying." Ricco said as he shrugged. "Right now we don't need to take risks. You're making more money now then we have in years."

He's right. I've made nearly a billion dollars on a deal I struck last week. I'm making easy money, but I want more. Making money and killing myself at work is the only thing keeping me together right now.

There was a knock at the door and my whole office went silent. Most of my underbosses and captains had flown in for this meeting and I told the staff I didn't want to be disrupted. This meeting I was having was really fucking important and I could feel my pulse start to race with anger.

"What?!" I growled loudly. This better be good. Someone better be dying or worse.

The door slowly opened and a young maid stepped into the office. Her pink stained face showed her embarrassment as she looked between all the men in the office.

"Sorry to bother." she said in a shaky voice. "But I just got word from the gates that your wife is here."

My breath caught and I froze in my seat. There was no way that Rissa is actually here after all these month. She's been dodging my calls for months and now all of a sudden she just shows up here.

"Thank you." I said as I knocked myself out of my trance. Everyone's eyes were on me. My brothers were looking at me with surprise and confusion. They know how bad I've wanted this. How long I've been waiting for this. Most of all, they know how bad I've missed her.

"Thank you all for attending, but I have a matter that I must attend to now." I said as I stood up from my chair. "Angelo and Ricco will see all of you out."

I then walked out of my office and towards the entry hall. When I rounded the corner, I heard the doorbell ring. Through the blurred glass, I could see the outline of her body. Even though I couldn't see her fully my heart beat was already speeding up.

I put my hand on the doorknob and opened it. When she came into view, I couldn't help my breath from hitching.

Her eyes shot up from the floor to my face. I could tell by the way her eyes raked over my body that she was checking me out. Since she's been gone, I've been using the gym as my outlet. I knew I'd gotten bigger and she seemed to notice to.

She looked thin. Too thin. Her collarbones were very visible through the top of her winter jacket and she had dark circles under her eyes. Her eyes also looked a bit puffy and a little pink, no doubt it was from crying. She just looked exhausted, and I knew I probably didn't look to much better either.

"Hey." she said as she looked down at her hands.

"I had no idea you were coming." I said as I opened the door wider for her. "How are you?"

What a stupid question. I knew how she was doing just by looking at her. She was hurting.

She laughed lightly as she stepped out of the cold and into the house. "I'm fine."