Epilogue

Lorenzo's POV

"Your wife is in the hall sir." one of my men said as he entered my office. "Forgive me, but she's been very...difficult."

"I'm sure she has." I said in a plain tone. "Just let her in."

The man lowered his head at me before he turned back to the hallway. He disappeared for a short moment before him and two other men appeared in my door way.

"Get your hands off of me!" Klarissa yelled as she thrashed her arms everywhere.

She was wearing a short flowy white dress. The neckline was low and it had long sleeves that cuffed at the end. At specific angles, I could see her very swollen stomach. She's only a month or so off from having our first child and I still can't believe how much she has changed.

"Lorenzo tell them to not be so rough!" she yelled as my men all but dragged her into the office.

"They wouldn't have to be so rough if you would cooperate with them." I said as I continued to look at her.

I hated watching my men handle her like that, especially since she is pregnant. Usually I don't even let them touch her at all, but I have to think past just her now. I need to think about my heir.

In an expression of exasperation, the two people dragging her just let go and allowed her to stand. Quickly, they then rushed from the room without one look back.

She quickly adjusted her clothes and pulled a few wavy strands of hair from her face. Her hand immediately rested on her stomach and she scowled at me. I could see that she was trying to gage what type of mood I was in.

"You know you're a bad husband right!" she said as she glared at me.

"Well, I do know that you think I am incapable of doing anything right." I said as I let out a sigh. "So I guess I must be a shitty husband."

"I just don't understand why you can't just let me be. All you do is-"

"I'm sorry that you can't go shopping with your mother, okay. I told you to invite them over if you wanted to see them. If you have forgotten, you are pregnant with my baby. I've let you control me and our relationship for the entire time we've been together. Now, it's my turn to tell you how things will be and how I want to handle you and my baby's safety." I said as I cut her off.

"I don't understand why you can't just come with me then! Unlike you, I don't get to see my family every single day. I miss my mother so much." she said as her voice broke at the end. "Especially since my mama's doing so well. The doctors really think she can beat it."

Looking in her eyes, I watched as tears started to form and fall onto her cheeks. This is absolutely fucking fantastic.

"Baby don't cry." I said in a soft tone. "I'm so busy right now with everything and I can't just-"

"You could but you won't." she interrupted as more tears glistened in her eyes.

I didn't say anything. Because she was right. A frustrated sigh erupted from me and I placed my hands over my eyes. Why does everything and everyone have to be so difficult.

"I'm sorry." I said as guilt filled me."You're also almost due. I don't want to risk it."

"I'll take one of your brothers and a bodyguard." she begged. "I can't be locked up in this house one more second. Ever since I really started to show you haven't let me leave."

I shook my head with exasperation. As bad as I want her to be happy, I won't allow her to go. She's so fragile and vulnerable right now as well. This pregnancy has been so hard on her and I'm so grateful we're even having a baby. Unfortunately she miscarried two more times before she got pregnant with this baby.