Say My Name

Delilah's POV

It has been a few weeks since Danger Force and I started training to become real superheroes and it's been pretty great so far. My powers don't like showing up when I need them too but Schwoz is helping me work on them. Whenever I was anxious I would make things float on accident.

I walked into the Man's Nest and saw my dad sitting on the couch with a bowl of cereal, watching a show on the holographic screen.

"Morning." I yawned and he looked up and smiled.

"Good morning, pumpkin." My dad said as I sat across from him on the couch. "Any plans for today?"

I thought about it for a second before shaking my head no. Now that Leah, Henry, Jasper and Charlotte were gone I didn't really have any other friends to hang out with. Of course I had my four new friends who were awesome, but I spent most of my life with the other's and even though I was a few years younger then them we always hung out together.

"Well, that's good, because you and your new friends are going to find the criminals you let out of prison last night." My dad smirked as he ate a mouthful of his cereal.

I stared at him blankly for a minute or two before groaning loudly, that wasn't what I wanted to do today but I didn't really have a choice.

"Fine, when are the other's going to get here?"

"They should be here soon so head downstairs and wait for them." My dad leaned over and ruffled my hair. I gently smacked his hands away from my head and smoothed out my hair before getting up and heading towards my school chair.

I pressed the button and got sent down to the classroom just as the other's walked through the door with annoyed looks on their faces, and I immediately knew my dad was the cause.

"You guys got a text from my dad too?" I asked Mika, Miles and Bose and the three nodded while Chapa looked at us and scoffed.

"At least you guys got a text, he threw a rock through my bedroom window with a note taped to it!" Chapa complained, rubbing her head and I laughed.

That was definitely something my dad would do.

"Well, let's go and get this over with." Mika smiled trying to make the best out of the situation, walking out the door with the rest of us.

——

After a few hours of searching the town we didn't find any of the criminals but we did find a wing store that had some really delicious wings. Bose and Mika were somewhere around town still and Miles, Chapa and I were heading back to the Man's Nest.

Miles was walking ahead of the us carrying a tray of wings tightly in his hands, eating one everything few minutes while Chapa and I were talking. The two of us became pretty close the last few weeks after we were paired up together for training (with me beating her ass, of course).

"My dad is going to kill us for not catching those criminals." I told her, imagining my dad throwing a temper tantrum.

"Yeah." Chapa agreed as she glanced at me. "But were new at this so he can't be that upset."

"True." I agreed.

We walked through the back door of the Man's Nest and saw Captain Man talking to Trent and Mary on a live call.

"-Uh, you're supposed to be rounding up criminals." Captain Man said to Miles just as we came through the back doors.

Trent and Mary glanced at each other and turned back to the screen.