An Imposter Among Us

Third Person POV

It was a dark and stormy night in Swellview when the metal door of opened and a figure with a black hood covering her face walked out with a lantern. The figure quickly looked around the room before running over to a cabinet and opening it, taking out a VR system.

The figure quickly hooked it up to the nearest study chair before looking around and taking off her hood to reveal Delilah.

"MEOW!"

Delilah jumped and turned to the source of the noise and saw Schwoz sleeping on the floor in a cat bed.

She sighed and placed the VR system over her head.

This is where it all started. When I almost became a different person. Where I almost turned the world back into the dark ages. As the VR system started up Schwoz twisted and turned in his cat bed licking the back of his hand.

But to understand how I got here. We have to go back to the not so dark ages...

——

Five days earlier

Everyone minus Schwoz was in the Man's Nest doing their own thing. Ray was dressed as Captain Man filming a live video. Chapa was watching a video about how to hurt someone with rusty spoons, Mika was on her phone. Miles and Bose were talking and Delilah was playing the mysterious VR system that showed up outside the Man's Nest.

Delilah and Chapa have been dating for almost a month now and their relationship was going amazing so far, but they haven't gone on their first date yet because of their superhero duties.

"Tell me your indestructible without telling me your indestructible." Captain Man spoke aloud.

"I'll start," Captain Man then proceeded to put one of his hand's into a eel tank.

Captain Man screamed in pain as the eel's shocked him and Chapa turned and gave him an annoyed look.

"I'm ok!"

"Quiet down, I'm watching a BooTube video about how to hurt a bad guy with a rusty spoon." Chapa smirked turning back around to face her computer.

Captain Man scoffed as he dried off his hand. "Can't hurt anybody with a rusty sp-OW!"

Chapa thrown a spoon at his ungloved hand.

"I said quiet down." She narrowed her eyes.

"Your making more noise then I am." Captain Man replied as Mika, Miles and Bose walked over to the bickering duo.

"Hey guys!" Delilah called out, kicking the air. "We're supposed to be testing this fight training game."

Chapa turned to her girlfriend and frowned. "Yeah, where did that thing come from?"

"I found it in this strange box outside the Man's Nest." Bose explained with a smile but everyone frowned at him.

"You found a strange package and just brought it inside?" Miles questioned and Bose nodded excitedly.

"The return label said Fun-Town." Bose protested and everyone face palmed.

"Well I'm glad you did, cause I'm about to beat this oddly familiar purple suit guy." Delilah remarked as she continued fighting the air.