Red Ribbon

————————————~7 years ago ~

————————————
~7 years ago ~

It was a dark and gloomy night in Swellview and the Manchester family was in their least favorite place, the hospital.

Ever since Emilie got sick they've been in the hospital an unreasonable amount of times and because every visit to the hospital gave them bad news Leah and Delilah loathed it.

It was a normal day...well for the Manchester family that is.

Ray did his usual routine of waking up and fighting crime, coming back to his family for a few minutes maybe even hours before being called back out to take down more villains while Leah and Delilah stayed to take care of Emilie.

When nighttime fell Emilie got the girls ready for bed and tucked them in goodnight and when she tried to kiss them goodnight like she always did, suddenly she collapsed and started to cough up blood.

That's how Ray, Leah, and Delilah found themselves in the hospital late at night.

Worried as hell for their wife/mother.

The three watched as doctors frantically ran in and out of the room, shouting orders at each other.

Leah sighed and looked at the time on her watch, it was 1:00 in the morning and they've been there for hours and still hadn't heard any information about Emilie.

"When are they going to tell us something?" Leah huffed out angrily.

There were about six doctors running in and out of the room and she knew for a fact each doctor saw them waiting outside the room for information.

"I'm not sure, Lily Pad." Ray looked at her for a brief second. "Hopefully soon."

Delilah looked up from her tablet and looked in between her father and sister. She was only six but she was smart enough to know her mom was seriously ill and that something bad happened.

"Will mommy be ok?" She asked her voice barely above a whisper.

Leah looked at her sister and noticed her long eyelash flutter against her cheeks. She's always been jealous of how naturally long her sister's eyelashes were.

"Honestly, I'm not completely sure." The oldest replied honestly and Delilah gave a small nod, going quiet again.

Ray looked at his kids and a small smile formed on his face. He was proud of how brave they've been ever since Emilie got sick, of course a few tears were shed when she told them about her cancer but they continued to be a family like nothing happened.