Manlee Man

Delilah's POV

Chapa, Bose, the twins and I were in the Man's Nest huddled up on the couch watching a horror movie, all five of us were deeply fascinated, not taking our eyes off of the screen for anything. I was sitting beside Chapa, sharing a blanket with her that I got from my room. My head was on her shoulder which was normal cause I did it to everyone but I didn't know it was making her heart beat quicker.

A jump scare came on the screen and Bose and I jumped. He pulled the strings of his hoodie to tighten around his face as I stared at the screen wide eyed. I love horror movies but that was unexpected.

"What are you watching?" A voice came from behind us making all of us scream loudly. Chapa leaned over and zapped the person causing them to fly out the back door screaming.

"Wait a sec, I know that 'ayyy'." Mika said as she turned on the lights and paused the movie.

Schwoz came in covered in mud, picking up a package that was on the ground.

"Sorry, Schwoz." Chapa apologized awkwardly but he just waved her off.

"Don't worry about me, worry about my package." Schwoz responded as he checked the box, making sure it wasn't damaged.

"Why does it look like you were fighting for your life?" I asked curiously gesturing to his muddy and messy appearance.

"I was coming back from the post-office when I tripped and fell into the Swellview swamp." He explained.

Bose stood up. "Oh, so obvious now."

"What did you get?" Mika asked Schwoz.

"It's a beautifully plant from my
home land." Schwoz said opening the box and taking out a rock.

Mika, Miles, Chapa, Bose and I looked at him and then at each other in confusion. The last time I checked there were no rock plants.

"That's a rock." Chapa said slowly.

"No," Schwoz denied. "It's a plant."

"Pretty sure that's a rock, my guy." Miles said from the other side of the couch.

"A geode if I'm not mistaken." Bose smiled and Schwoz shook his head.

"No, trust me, it's a plant. It just needs water. 14,000 gallons to be exact." He said and pressed a button and a machine came up from the stairs.

"Hey, Tiny Ray is still here." Bose pointed out and we saw Tiny Ray was sleeping with one of my old stuffed dolls underneath his arms. He noticed us watching him and he sighed angrily, he picked up the doll and ran off screaming and shouting gibberish.

Schwoz picked up a hose and started to water his so called plant as we watched him. My dad came running into the room, excitedly.

"I got great news!" He shouted, kicking the tv making it lean over. I gasped and turned to him wide eyed, he should've told me to turn it off. I have the remote.

"No!" All of us shouted knowing the tv would break if it fell and we weren't done with our movie.
Bose tried to save the tv but he was struggling, soon he gave up and let it fall to the ground, breaking it.

"Really." I sighed with a frown. I really wanted to see how the movie would end.

"Seriously?!"

"C'mon, dude!"

"What's wrong with you?"

"Shh, news!" My dad shushed us and turning on the news on the holographic screen.

"Breaking news, kids hate the news." Trent said and I happily nodded to what he said.

So true.

"That's right, Trent." Mary agreed with her partner. "So as a shameless play for younger viewers attention, our bosses hired a pair of child reporters."