Information 📝

"What happens if I don't give you the information? You take me as your prisoner?"

"Unfortunately, yes. You may go back to your father, let him know what happens."

"You seem to be under the assumption that I care for him."

"You are his daughter, why wouldn't you?"

"Do you care for your father?"

"I don't remember my father, I don't remember having a family."

"Put it this way, I wish I didn't remember my father. Especially the kick to the face."

"What for?" Koala asks.

"For saving a child of a pirate, that's why."

"Why? Why would you save the child of a pirate?" She asks.

"The kid was going to be killed. Was I suppose to let the kid die? I'm not going to let a kid die, just because their parents are pirates. I wasn't an actually Marine, I don't need to follow their rules."

"But you still took orders though," Sabo eyes me off.

"As far as you or the Marines know I did." The amount of time I mislead them from running into Ace.

"You're smiling?" Sabo cocks an eyebrow.

"Let's say I sent them on a few wild goose chase, haha."

"Would these goose chases involve Ace?"

"Possibly."

"We're getting off-topic."

"Right, so what information do you want first?"

"Your father's soldiers first, where you were stationed, followed by the bases you went to. And any information that could help us."

I sit for a bit and think. "After I give you the information you'll get me as close as you can to Arabasta?"

"You have my word, and you can rest easy." He smiles at me.

I don't owe the Marines anything, he was an asshole of a step-father. The Revolutionary Army doesn't harm citizens. Fuck the Marines! I hold out my hand for a pen, "I'm going to need a lot of A4 notepads."

"Great! I mean thank you for your help!"

"Notepads, hmm. And a pencil, rubber and blank paper."

"What for?" Koala asks.

"To give you rough maps, I don't have to. You only ask for information."

"Pencils, rubber and papers coming up!" Koala took off to get them.

Sabo places down a stack of notepads. "Thank you (Y/N), this is a big help."

I grab a notepad start writing Captain's details. "As long as you keep your end, you'll get the information. Also, I have to make frequent calls."

"To who?"

"To Pops, Whitebeard." He eyes me off, "you're more than welcome to sit in and listen. I just need to call to let him know I'm okay."

"Why would you need to call him frequently? You are the girlfriend of Fire Fist Ace."

Should I tell him? I tap my pen on the pad. The maps weren't in the deal... "I didn't leave with a clean bill of health."

"Then why leave?" He sits back in his chair.

"Ace is chasing down a man that betrayed us."

"What did this man do?"

Koala walks in and places the papers and that on the desk. "Who did what?" She asks.

"A man going by the name Blackbeard D. Teach tried to kill me and our brother. And took off with a Devil Fruit. Now I imagine if something like that happens with you guys. You wouldn't let it slide, correct?"

"I see what you want. I can tell you we have no information for you."

"Could you be nice and keep an ear or an eye out for me? I'm being nice drawing you maps."

"Hmm..." He knits his fingers, "I don't know how I feel about the calls and Blackbeard."

"Come on I'm giving you classified information. The ins and outs of bases and people's assholes. All I ask is get me as close as you can to Arabasta, let me call Pops I did say you could sit in. I won't say I'm with you. Just to keep an ear or eye out for Blackbeard. Hell if Marines attack I'll join you."

He sits and thinks. "I could listen in on the calls."

"Koala can listen, gives you more time to read the information."

"Alright, you got it. Just make sure Koala not busy first before you make the call."

"Okay, I'll get back to writing your information."

~~~~

For most of the day, I sat in Sabo's office writing. Once I finished a pad, he started reading it. Koala brought us coffee and something to eat, which was nice of her.

By now it was getting late, "if you like (Y/N) I can show you to your room."

"You going to bed?"

"No, I'll be going over the information."

"Then I'll stay up."

"Alright then." He goes back to writing. "There's something I don't understand."

I keep writing, "what's that?"

"Why did Ace leave you, if Blackbeard tried to kill you and another crewmember?"

I look at him, look back at the pad. "Because I'm not supposed to be here."

"What do you mean? Were you supposed to die?"

"Yep, my injures were that bad, they couldn't keep me stable. When they did they had to put me into an induced coma. Ace was told I probably won't wake up. So he took off after Blackbeard."

"I see... If you need any medical attention let me or Koala know."

"What do you want in return?"

"Nothing."

I put the pad and pen down, "what do you mean nothing?"

He sighs, "I have to confuse something."

"What's that?"

"I didn't expect to get this level of information."

"What level would that be?"

"Information that's this detailed. You've given scars, piercings, tattoos and drawings of the tattoos. And schedules -"

"Those schedules could have changed! I wrote that in there, in red pen! Not my fault if you didn't read."

"Yes, I saw you even put the date on them. And excellent penmanship too."

"Why thank you ~"

"That's why I'm allowing you to make the calls without Koala."

"No, we agree on Koala would listen. That's what we're going to do."

"Haha, alright then. Free medical, and anything else you need."

"That's nice of you Sabo. I'll take the medical, I probably won't need anything else."

"My offer still stands."

"Thanks," I get back to writing.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"I hope you find Ace."

"I hope I do too." I finish writing, "another one done."

I hand it to him, "thank you. You know, we could use someone like you in the army."

"I go where Ace goes. I doubt Ace would join."

"My offer still stands, for both of you."

"I'll tell Ace when I see him." I get up stretch out, damn my ass is numb.