Dr Marco 👨🏼‍⚕️

- 𝙻𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠, 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 ☹︎ -

- (Y/N) -

"You know Marco you didn't have to come to check up on me. I'm fine, I sealed the holes up and they're not bleeding." I don't see why he is worrying.

"I have to check, now stop moving-yoi!"

"Meh fine." I just want to get changed and have something to eat! "Ow! That hurt!" He pushes on a sealed bullet wound.

"See, now stay still this is going to hurt-yoi."

"No, deh..." I'm not going to be able to eat anytime soon.

"So you're a Lovebird. I thought it was just a myth-yoi."

"We're real alright, we're just in hiding... Because people believe we don't have the right to live..."

"So who's your mark-yoi?"

"I'm not telling..."

"It's Ace isn't it-yoi." I quickly turn stared at him. At the same time, I pulled my arm which caused me more pain.

"How else would you be able to control fire-yoi?" He is right about that, at least that's my guess anyway.

"Don't tell anyone, I'm not ashamed he's my true love. It's just I'm scared he won't feel the same way once he finds out it's his mark..." I unwrap my hand and show him.

"That's Ace's mark alright. I feel sorry for you-yoi, hahahaha."

"You're not funny doc."

"I don't think you'll have a problem-yoi."

"Y-you think so?" Marco would know since the pair fight like brothers.

He nods, I might tell him tonight when he comes around. At least it'll stop him bugging me.

"Okay, so you're going to have to keep your arm in the sling for a week or two. Till it 'properly' heals, you're not a Phoenix-yoi."

I laugh, "okay okay I'll wear the bloody thing. Can I at least have some new bandages for my hand?"

"Sure, I'll see you at dinner-yoi."

"See you at dinner." He waves and walked out of the room.

I guess I better get change into my kimono. Izo did pick out a nice one for me. But this sling going to get in the way... I'll wear it after dinner.

"I wonder if Grandpa and the others are going to be there?"

I try to put the kimono on, without hurting myself. It fails, "fuck! What did he do? It hurts even more now!"

I finally manage to get it on. "Wow! Izo has amazing taste. I look good!"

Sit on the bed and stare at my hand. "What will you say when you see your mark? Will you be overjoyed or disgusted?"