When You're Gone... 😢

I'm really getting sick of Dragon. Every base we pass, we have to stop and infiltrate. If I don't help it'll only delay us. Fuck me! I've gone up and beyond the deal. And he still wants more?!

"Knock knock?" Here comes Sabo saying 'we need your help'.

"I'm not fucking going! I've had enough infiltrating bases! Do it yourself!"

"That's not why I came. I am sorry for asking you to come along each time."

I cross my arms, staring at the ceiling. "Sure you are..."

"I'm really am sorry. No one knows the layouts, better than you."

I sit up, "that's why I gave you detailed maps! And detailed notes! I'm not helping anymore. Soon as the sunrises I'm out of here! I've healed enough, I'll be able to fly again."

"You don't have to leave! I will get you to Alabasta, that was our deal!"

"Mmmm... Seem you're getting more out of this deal then. Put it this way, if your delays end in Ace's death. I will see the Revolutionary Army personally responsibility!"

"Don't worry, we'll get you there in time!"

"Yeah, sure." I get up and start packing my bag.

"You still need to recover!" He runs over and grabs my bag. "Please (Y/N) reconsider, I promise there won't be any more delays."

"Promises are easily broken." I pull my bag back. Ace will answer for breaking his! Pain in my ass...

"What's taking you so long? Hurry up everyone waiting!" Koala comes to the door.

I look between them, "waiting for what?"

"For you ~ We're throwing you a feast ~"

"What for?"

"You didn't tell her did you?"

"I was about to..." Sabo rubs the back of his neck.

"Men..." She shakes her head. "With your help, we've been able to rescue more of our men and women. Recover important information. We want to thank you for all your help ~"

"I've done nothing."

"(Y/N) you've helped us a lot. We just want to thank you." Why does Sabo remind me of Ace?

"I guess I can come to your celebration..."

"YES! Let's go!!" Koala grabs my arm and pulls me out. She drags me down to the dining hall, pulls me in. "I GOT HER!!"

"(Y/N)!!" Everyone is so loud. I miss being with Pops and everyone...

"Come on! We need to get you a drink!" Koala dragging me around. She finds us a drink and shoves it in my hands.

"Thanks..."

Everyone else comes over and starts talking to me. This is going to be a long night...

~~~~

Now been a few hours and everyone is pissed. Maybe I can sneak away. I look around and sneak out to the deck.

"Parties aren't the same without Ace, Pops and my brothers..."

- Second -

You walk over to the railing, hold your arm.

"I always needed time on my own
I never thought I'd
Need you there when I cry
And the days feel like years when I'm alone
And the bed where you lie
Is made up on your side"

Sabo walks out on the decking looking for you. He stops hearing you sing.

"When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missin' you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missin', too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear
To always get me through the day
And make it okay
I miss you"

You hold your ring close to your heart.

"I've never felt this way before
Everything that I do
Reminds me of you
And the clothes you left, they lie on the floor
And they smell just like you
I love the things that you do"

Tears start to run down your cheeks.

"When you walk away
I count the steps that you take
Do you see how much I need you right now?"

Sabo starts to tear up, feeling your pain in your voice.

"When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missin' you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missin', too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear
To always get me through the day
And make it okay
I miss you"

Your voice started to get crocky.

"We were made for each other
"Out here forever
I know we were
Yeah, yeah
And all I ever wanted was for you to know
Everything I do, I give my heart and soul
I can hardly breathe; I need to feel you here with me
Yeah
When you're gone
The pieces of my heart are missin' you
When you're gone
The face I came to know is missin', too
When you're gone
The words I need to hear
Will always get me through the day
And make it okay
I miss you"

You stand there crying quietly. Sabo snaps out of it, walks over to you. "You must really love him."

"SABO!" Sabo pulls out his handkerchief, hands it to you. "Thank you..." You wipe away your tears.

"You're a beautiful singer. I didn't know you could sing."

"Thank you. I sing often back on the ship. Mostly to Ace, I really haven't had anyone to sing to."

Sabo takes his coat off, places it over your shoulder. "Don't you worry, I'll get you to Alabasta. I'll make sure you are reunited with Ace."

You pull the coat over your shoulders. "You better..."

Sabo stays by your side till you were ready to head back in. Once you were ready, he walks you back to your room. You pass him back his coat.

"Thanks for letting me wear your coat."

"It was my pleasure. I don't think Ace would like you to get cold."

"Hehe, no he wouldn't." A memory of Ace and me on the deck. His arms wrapped around you, keeping you warm. "I'm off to bed, the celebration was nice."

"You're welcome. Good night ~"

"Good night ~" You close the door, go to your bag. You pull out one of Ace's shirts, slip it on.

"You better not be in deep trouble Ace." You close your eyes try to go to sleep.