Infiltrate 🤫

I look up at the ceiling, "how much longer till we get there?" I pull out the leather could around my neck, with a ring was on it. "I should be fine to put it back on. Sabo doesn't care that I'm with Ace." I take the ring off, slip it on.

I admire the ring and remembering the day. Especially the night ~ "I hope you're okay Ace."

"(Y/N)?"

I sit up, see Sabo standing at the door. "Do you need something Sabo?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure," I swing my legs around.

He walks in, stands in front of me. "Something come up."

"What...?" I swear if he's gone back on our deal.

"Don't worry, we'll still get you to Arabasta. A marine base is close by. Dragon has ordered us to infiltrate it."

"How long is that going to take?"

"That depends on you."

"Why me?!" I stand up, this is bullshit!

"Dragon has ordered you to accompany our men into the base. As you know the ins and outs of the base."

I stand up, "excuse me?! Ordered!? I'm not one of his soldiers! I am a Whitebeard Pirate! We made a deal Sabo. I gave you the information about the bases, captains and soldiers! I even gave you detailed maps, fuck I gave you more information! You said you would get me as close as you can to Arabasta! Infiltrating bases wasn't part of the deal!"

"I understand (Y/N). Dragon said if you refuse, it'll only delay us."

"So he's blackmailing me into going. Your commander is a top guy," I cross my arms.

"If it makes you feel any better, I can accompany you."

"That makes me feel sooo much better..." I need to get to Arabasta and find Ace. I don't have time to infiltrate a base. I look down at my ring.

"Hmmm... I didn't know you were engaged."

"Thatch told me it was best to take it off while travelling. Less attention that way."

"I see... (Y/N) I know you want to get to Arabasta as soon as possible. If you could help us, we can be in and out quickly."

I can't be held back, "fine I'll help." He gets excited, "one condition."

"Yes, anything."

"I'm a Whitebeard Pirate. I don't want anyone to know that I'm with the revolutionary army. Do you have any jackets or hoodies?"

"We may have, why?"

"The marines don't know I can fly."

"They didn't know you were a Devil Fruit User?"

"No, they don't. That's all I need." Yes, Devil Fruit User...

"You don't need anything else? Boots, pants, gloves?"

"Hmmm..." These are the same gloves I wore before... "Gloves," I hold up my old pair. "Different from these pair."

"Sure, I'll get them." He walks to the door and stops. "Thank you (Y/N), I really appreciate it "

"You got a sewing kit too."

"I'm sure Koala has one somewhere," he leaves.

I play with my ring, "I hope you're okay Ace."

~~~~

Sabo got me a black hoodie and a pair of fingerless gloves. Now waiting for Koala and the sewing kit.