Dads 👨🏼‍🦰👨🏼‍🦳

We stayed at the hot springs for three more days. Obviously, Ace would sneak in every night and sleep with me.

I help out and got supplies before we left. Thatch asks me to help him out in the kitchen. Lunch and dinner were no problem, but breakfast... If Ace has a hold on me, it takes me a bit to get out of bed.

It's been two weeks since I saw Grandpa and Uncle Blue Jay. I'm getting nervous I don't know when Daddy is coming.

"(Y/N) you right?" I look over to Thatch.

"Oh yes, I'm fine."

"Do you remember me saying quarters, not slices?"

I look down at the chopping board. "Ohh sorry..."

"Haha, it's fine. What's on your mind?"

I rest the knife on the chopping board. "Grandpa said that Daddy is going to visit soon. That was two weeks ago."

"And you're nervous. I know it's been years since you've seen him. There's no need to worry."

"What do I say to him? Hey Daddy, I've missed you and Mum. Ace and I are now together. Pops and the commanders know I'm a lovebird. I've almost been killed twice by fox. Also, I can light my arm on fire."

"I don't see your problem, just say what you said then."

I sigh, "it's not that easy." I take the potato cut into quarters.

"What did Ace say?"

"He didn't say anything."

"Hmm... Pops has always been a father to Ace. Even when he tried to kill Pops."

"He tried?"

"He didn't tell you?"

"No, he didn't."

"Well, I'll leave that to him. Let's finish dinner, won't be long till Ace comes in looking for food."

"You talking about me?"

Speak of the devil... "Nope, why would we?"

"Ace get out we're cooking."

"I'm not leaving till you tell me what you were talking about." Ace comes over and hugs me.

"Ace let go! I can't cook if you're arrr!" Ace falls asleep and falls back pulling me down. "Really Ace?!"

"Haha," Thatch looks over the counter.

"Shut up and help me!"

"Thanks for cutting the potatoes."

"THATCH!"

"Mmm squishy just like marshmallows." Ace starts squeezing my boob.

"Ace let go!" I manage to break free and get up. "Ace I need to finish dinner. You want to eat don't you?"

"I can always have you." A devilish smirk plays on his lips.

"Not in the kitchen you two... Let (Y/N) finish helping me and you can have her back."

"Mmmm... Not without one more squeeze."

"ACE!" He gets a free grab and runs off. "YOU WAIT PORTGAS D. ACE!"

"Sucks to be you right now, haha."

"Not. Funny."

We finish cooking, I wonder why Ace came over and hugged me. He normally tries to steal food.  I know I was cutting up potatoes, he still tried just to annoy me. Was he listening to what we were talking about?

We start servicing dinner for everyone. Take mine and Ace's sit next to him. "Here you go ~"

"Thanks..."

That's odd, "hey what's up?"

"Nothing..." He plays with his food.

"Not hungry?"

"Meh..."

"Move back a bit," he pushes his chair out a bit. I sit in his lap and take his fork. "Please eat Ace? Otherwise you won't have any stamina for tonight ~"

He gives me a little smile, he takes the fork. Looks me straight in the eyes, not break contact. "Mmm, delicious."

"That's mine."

"I know that's why I'm stealing it."

"Get a room you two!"

"No, sex at the table!

The others start yelling, I kiss him and hop off and sit back in my seat. His hand reaches mine, looks at him and smile. We go back to eating.

~~Ace~~

(Y/N) comes out of the bathroom, drying her hair. Dress in my spade shirt. "You right there? Just staring?"

I pull her into me, "I'm not allowed to stare now?"

"You can," she stands on her tippy toes and kisses me. "So what was up with you at dinner?"

"Nothing..." I look away.

I heard her talking to Thatch about how I wanted to kill Pops. Not something I wanted her to know.

"You were listening to our conversation, weren't you?"

"Yeah..." Look away.

"Why are you upset?" She turns me back, "is it because you were trying to k..."

I cover her mouth, "don't. I... I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay, that's fine." She smiles at me and I hold her closer. "You worried I'll think differently of you?"

"I was stupid..."

"Umm... Sorry to say... Things haven't changed..."

"Oh, you're in for it!" I pick her up, place her on the bed and tickle her.

"Hahaha. Ace. Hahaha. Stop. Hahaha. Please. Hahaha."

"No, haha." Tickle her a bit more, lean down kiss her. "Still think I'm stupid?"

"Do I have to answer that?" I slowly start tickling her. "Okay, okay you're not stupid!"

I lay beside her, she rests on my chest and looks down at me. I hold her hand and rub my thumb over my mark. "I was stupid back then."

"We all mistakes, Pops forgives you."

I decided to change the subject. "Have you thought about what you're going to say to Shanks?"

"I have no idea. I guess I'll see how it goes when I see him." She lays down on me, "I wonder if I'll get to see brother too."

"I'm sure you'll be able to see him."

"I hope so."

We hop into bed and pull her in close. Put my hands up her shirt. "Ace, hehe. Stop it," she giggles trying to stop me.

I nibble on her ear, "no I don't think so ~"

This is going to be a late-night ~

- Time Skip Midday -

Knock Knock

"Oi wake up already! The red hair pirates are in view." That's Namur, "Ace wake up! (Y/N) are you awake?" Of course, he's nicer to (Y/N).

"Huh, oh yeah I'm awake Namur."

"Shanks is inbound. It's lunchtime by the way." Hear him walk away.

"(Y/N) you okay?" I turn her over.

"I don't know..."

"Babe look at me," she looks over. "It'll be okay if anything happens I'll be right there."

"Thanks, hot stuff."

"You know it. Time for breakfast ~"