arriving

Hi guys! Before we get into the story some necessary comments.

This was only intended for me to ever read but my friends insisted I published it so they could read it. THIS IS NOT ALL MY OWN WORK- I used mostly someone else's story and added my own stuff to it. As I said this was only ever meant for me and I never intended to publish it. All rights go to James Dashner who originally wrote the series and most other credit goes to degree_in_simping who originally wrote Captain (Gally x reader).

Also made a series of Spotify playlists for this, name > Antonia x

TW For self-harm, slight eating disorder, suicidal thoughts, gore, and blood 

With that out the way, please enjoy, let me know what you think, please vote :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened my eyes only to be greeted by darkness. I tried to breathe, but water clogged my throat. I flipped onto my stomach and coughed up the water and through the holes under me. Finally, the water got out of my throat and I could breathe again.

 I was able to think straight again.

 First, I decided to look at my surroundings. when my eyes had finally adjusted to the light, I noticed I was in a small box along with some crates and barrels, and it was moving upwards at an alarming rate with alarms blaring. I heard the coughing before I saw where it was coming from. I jumped back a bit only to be greeted by the hard crate wall.

 I stood stock still until the person, a boy, spoke. 

"Antonia?!" 

That one name sent something like a shock through my brain, and I remembered that I have a brother- "Thomas?" I asked almost silently.

"Antonia?" He asked again, voice all croaky and hoarse. At this point, I recognized his voice and knew he was my brother.

"Thomas!" I gasped as I flung my body towards the figure. His arms quickly wrapped around me, holding me tightly.   "Where are we?" I asked as I pulled away, the seriousness of the situation dawning on me.   

"I don't know" he replied softly- how was he so calm??    

"Do you remember anything?" He added. Now that I think of it, I can't remember anything apart from my name, Thomas's, as well as the obvious fact that he is my brother. I shook my head slowly but remembered he probably can't see all that well, the light still wasn't great.   "No" I stated, my voice wavering slightly. 

Thomas didn't say anything but he tried to stand up, his legs wobbling a bit and he nearly fell from the movement of the cage going up. He untangled himself and finally got enough balance to stand up, but the cage didn't seem to be that big because he goes and bonks his head on the top of the cage thingy. 

 "Well, not very big I see," He said rubbing his head and sitting back down before the motion of going upwards knocked him over. Nothing was funny about the situation but I still laughed. Thomas also chuckled before the sound of the alarms filled our ears once again.

Thomas shuffled around the box before he crouched down in front of one of the cages. He glanced at me and outstretched a trembling hand. He slowly went to lift up the blanket that was thrown over it, and both of our breathing became shallower in anticipation. Silence for a second, then a terrible snort and squealing sound rang out, startling us both quite a lot given that we were already on edge. He jumped back, hitting me.