one big happy ending

3rd person

When Thomas woke his thoughts immediately wandered to Newt. A single tear escaped his eye and he wiped it away. He slowly stood and went outside. He walked towards the others, quickly spotting them by a fire.

Minho saw Thomas, putting down his food and standing up. He walked to Thomas, who had some tears forming in his eyes. He quickly pulled Thomas into a hug, which was something Thomas really needed. Antonia then quite literally tackled him into a hug. After a while they stood up, still clinging to each other.

"Thomas" Minho whispered. "Hmm?" Thomas answered.  "We've gotta tell you something." Minho said after they had pulled away from the hug, turning to Antonia who nodded. "What? Is something wrong?" Thomas asked worriedly. "No, not at all. It's just that-"

"Tommy?"

Thomas froze in place, stepping to the side and peeking around Minho's shoulder. Thomas saw who the voice had come from. He instantly let out a couple of sobs, placing a hand over his mouth. Newt stood there, a couple of feet away: alive.

Not only that, but he was clean too; He didn't look like a crank and he wore a clean white shirt with light brown pants. Thomas felt like he was frozen in place; like his feet had been fused to the ground. So he stood there, just looking at Newt. He then suddenly bolted forward, sprinting to Newt and running into his arms, both falling over.

Newt managed to catch himself halfway, now having a sobbing and shaking Thomas in his lap, both boys clutching each other tightly."Oh my god. It's you. It's really you." Thomas muttered, his hands absentmindedly running through Newt's hair. Newt chuckled softly, "Yeah... It's me." He whispered, rubbing soothing circles on Thomas' back.

Thomas had completely melted into Newt's warm touch, closing his eyes and burying his face into the crook of Newt's neck. He inhaled Newt's lovely floral scent and sighed happily, still playing around with Newt's hair. He felt so safe in Newt's thin but strong arms.

But, Thomas couldn't stay in Newt's arms forever, so after a couple of minutes, Thomas pulled away from the hug, instantly feeling cold. Thomas stood up, helping Newt up as well. "I'm so glad you're here, Newt." Thomas told him.

Newt smiled, "Thanks, Tommy. I'm glad to be here too." He said happily. Thomas insisted that he slept near Newt. He was never going to leave Newt's side again, so he told Antonia that he wanted to sleep near him. "Hm, just as well we saved you guys your own room then." She said and everyone chuckled. That night, Thomas cuddled into Newt, Brenda into Frypan, and of course Antonia into Gally. It was weird for all of them to finally be able to just relax, altogether without you know, the imminent threat of death around the corner.

They all layed there, just thinking. Tomorrow they were going to start using Thomas and Antonia's blood to vaccinate everyone who wasn't immune, but that was tomorrow. When they finally got to their huts that night it was one of the first nights that everyone slept peacefully, even if most of them were sharing a bed with someone else.

In the middle tent, sandwiched between Minho's and Brenda and Frypan's tent, two voices could just be made out...

"I love you, Captain..."

"I love you too Sailor."