yeah, hilarious mate

Jorge continued driving, he and Brenda pushing down the scrap metals off the windows. I saw Jorge looked at us through the mirror. "I'm impressed!" Jorge spoke up. "You guys almost lasted a whole day." I felt someone pat my shoulder, making me glance behind me and see Thomas staring at me in concern. "You okay?" I nodded. "Yeah. Thomas met Brenda's eyes as she turned in her seat, giving him a knowing look while shaking her head slightly.

He scoffed, a small smile on his face. "I'm sorry. I didn't wanna bring you guys into this." He said rolling his eyes. Brenda glanced at Jorge, as he stared at Thomas through the mirror. "I think what he's trying to say is thanks for saving us." Frypan spoke as I rolled my eyes at Thomas.

I smiled at Brenda, her doing it back. "You're welcome." Brenda said to us before turning back to the front. "Hey, don't get your hopes up." Jorge reminded. "That checkpoint back there, that was the city's last defense. If that was overrun, chances are the city is, too."

"Yeah, unless they figured out some other way to keep the Cranks out." Newt spoke up, looking out the window.

Following his gaze, seeing many buildings, skyscrapers. Walls surrounded them. That was it. The Last City. Jorge stopped the truck suddenly before we all got out, getting a better look at the city that was probably a couple of miles away. "Funny..." Newt commented. "Spent three years trapped behind walls, trying to break out, and now we wanna break back in."

"Yeah. It's hilarious." Frypan agreed sarcastically. "Jorge, how do we get in?" Thomas questioned. "Don't look at me, Hermano. Those walls are new. I guess that Wicked's answer for everything." Jorge shrugged.

"Well, we ain't gonna figure it out from up here." Brenda spoke up. "Let's go!" She started walking back to the truck, everyone following, except for me. I slowly walked forward, keeping my eyes on the city in front of me. I just hope Minho's there.

"You really think he's in there?" Thomas spoke up suddenly from behind me. "I guess we'll find out." I replied, keeping my gaze on the city.

Thomas's POV

"You know she's gonna be there, too." Newt reminded me.

I already knew who he was talking about. I've only thought about her a couple of times, but I didn't want to. She betrayed all of us. She betrayed me. I thought she cared about me about all of us. But it seemed like all she cares about is a cure that they're never gonna find.

As I thought about that stuff, my mind went to all my good and joyful memories. It was then that I realized that none of them were with Teresa, they were all with Newt.

I don't care for her

For Teresa. I thought I did, I thought I liked her but I realize I never did. It was never her.

It was always Newt.

~