black eye

I woke up in the middle of the night to screaming. I bolted up and looked to Thomas by instinct. He was sleeping peacefully. I turned towards Gally and he was not so peaceful. He was sweating and his chest was moving up and down, fast. His face was contorted into an expression of pain and fear. Of course, he was also the one screaming. 

I quickly got out of bed and ran over to his bed. I didn't know what to do, so I stood there awkwardly for a second, contemplating. I finally put my hands on his shoulders and shook him in an effort to awaken him. 

After the second rough shake, Gally sat up violently and basically pinned me down over his lap. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." He said realizing it was me and letting me go. "It's fine," I replied a little flustered, and I stood up. 

"What's wrong? Were you having another panic attack?" He said worriedly.

"No, actually, you were screaming in your sleep. Did you have a nightmare?" I asked gently.

 "Oh, well, not really, well, yeah. Sorry for waking you." He replied quietly and looked down fiddling with his hands. "Gally," I sat on the side of his bed and gently lifted up his chin so he looked me in the eyes. "It's ok, really. Look, you didn't even wake Thomas up. I'm just a light sleeper." I finished. Gally looked past me to where Thomas was still sleeping peacefully and nodded. He grabbed my hand and put it in his lap, my stomach flipped and my heart was beating so fast I could swear he could've heard it.

"Thank you." He whispered. I nodded and smiled at him. He slowly brought my hand up to his face and kissed my knuckles. At this point, I think my stomach was flipping so much I was going to faint. I blushed a deep red. "I really mean it. Thank you." Anytime."I said shyly and I gave him a hug.

Jeez, I've wanted to hug him for so long and his face was so precious I just had to. His arms snaked around my waist and he hugged me back. We sat like that for a while. Just sitting in silence enjoying each other's company. "Wanna talk about it?" I said after a while, breaking the silence. "What?" Gally asked, his eyebrows all scrunched up in confusion. "The nightmare," I replied and laughed. Gally thought about it for a while.

Gally's P.O.V (A/N I wanted to switch it up a little and give it how Gally was thinking at the time.)

What was this girl doing to me? She was beautiful, unique, confident, and strong. She made my heart leap every time I see her. She made (love story) my heart leap every time I see her. And it has to be the girl with a super overprotective brother that already hates me. On top of that, she has to be the only girl in the glade. Every guy in the glade is going to try and go for her. And I had to kiss her knuckles. What the shuck was I thinking? She is probably going to hate me now. First, I wake her up, then I do that. Yep, she's definitely going to hate me. Although she is still hugging me so maybe she doesn't hate me that much- No Gally don't be a shuck face shes probably just feeling bad for you. Ugh. After a long period of silence, she asked, "Wanna talk about it?" I was so caught up in thinking about her hating me, I forgot what she was talking about.

"What?" I asked dumbly. "The nightmare." She said and giggled. Gosh her laugh was so cute, her giggle even cuter. I thought about it. Should I tell her? Maybe. Yes, okay. I will. I nodded. "Can we go take a walk outside? I need the fresh air, I'll tell you then." I said She nodded and got up, with me following. I had completely forgotten that our hands were still intertwined. She didn't seem to mind though, so I didn't say anything. We quietly walked out of the medhut and shut the door. "Where do you want to go?" She questioned. "We can go to the deadheads." I offered. She looked puzzled so I pointed to the woods over in the distance to our left. "Hm mkk." She said while putting her hair up in a messy bun, letting go of my hand. Oh gosh, she's so beautiful.