like a proper shank

Gally's P.O.V. 

I can't believe she's alive. I'd never thought I'd see Antonia again. Obviously, I still loved her with everything I had. I stood over the table we were gathered at and hugged her close to me. "Man, why didn't you come to find us." Frypan finally said, breaking me out of my daze. I looked up at him and said, "I tried. Couldn't find y'all after the scorch." "You hurt Antonia really bad, man." He mouthed to me so she wouldn't see. "You really think I meant to? I love her with everything in my body. More than anything in this world." I mouthed back at him and was starting to get mad. "Then protect her." Thomas said from behind me. I turned around and he said, "Let's do it."

Thomas's POV- kind of time skip to previous when newt yells

I follow Newt out when I catch Antonia's eyes telling me to go. I'm in shock. What in the shuck just happened? I walked out to see him sitting on a wall, his legs dangling over the edge. He turned to look at me. "Sorry about that, back there." He said to me. I didn't say anything so he continued. "I guess I can't really hide this anymore." He said again, rolling up his right sleeve to reveal where the virus had started to spread.

What???? Why hadn't he told me? I crouched down beside him. "Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered out. "Didn't think it would make any difference." He replied. "All I know is Wickd must have put me in that maze for a reason. Maybe it was just so they could tell the difference between immunes like you and people like me. Or maybe I was just there to hold everyone together." He scoffed, "The glue." He said shaking his head a bit.

No, this cannot happen. "No, we can still fix this." I said a hint of panic in my voice. "ok? We can." I finished. He looked away before sighing and saying, "Did I ever tell you how I broke my leg?" I furrowed my brow and shook my head. "Way back in the maze, I had just come up in the box, like all the other guys. Didn't know where I was, didn't know who I was. You know..." He smiled at me and paused.

" And even though all my memories were gone I could still feel that something was missing, you know? I felt empty. I c..c.couldn't handle it, I couldn't take it. So, one morning I got up early and snuck into the maze. And I went and found the tallest wall I could and I climbed up there and I jumped off it." He said and looked down. I felt wet, hot tears running down my face at this pint but I made no move to wipe them away.

"Of course, I got completely tangled up in the ivy," He chuckled softly. "Snapped my leg in three different places." He said and looked at me. "Like a proper shank." He said and nodded towards me and we both chuckled a little. "I landed hard on the floor and thought that was it. And then, and then Minho found me. Somehow, he picked me up and took me back to the glade and we never told anyone the truth about what really happened. He saved me, he gave me a second chance. Now he needs us. So even if there is the slightest chance that we can save him, that we can get him out of there? Then we have to take that, no matter what the cost." He finished, looking at me.

"Ok, I hear you." I replied, wiping my previously shed tears away. He nodded and rubbed his arm. I brought him away from the edge and we sat there for a moment just enjoying being in each other's arms for what may be the last time. "I love you Newt, you know that right? I don't love Teresa, I love you." I told him. He just smiled and kissed me. After a while we went back in.