pancake

A/N I'm so sorry i haven't updated so have 3 chapters >3

just finished writing scorch trials so get ready for lots of chapters :)))

 Me and Minho led them all to the griever. When we got there, we all stared at it for a second. "That's disgusting." One of the boys said. I wasn't paying attention though, I was focused on a blinking light and noise coming out of the griever. "There's something in there." I told them. "You mean besides a griever pancake?" Frypan asked sarcastically. I walked up to it. "Woah, Woah, Woah. What are you doing?" Thomas asked. I didn't reply, I just, reluctantly, stuck my hand in the forever to try and find the beeping. The boys all watched intently until the grievers leg moved. I screamed and jumped back. The boys all grabbed me backward, even though I was fine.

"I thought you said it was dead." Frypan said to me and Minho. "Was it a reflex?" A boy asked. "You hope." Winston told him. "Let's try to pull it out." Thomas said and walked up to it. We all grabbed onto it and started pulling. After a second, it popped out. Minho stood up first and walked over to it before picking something up. He pulled a long metal thing with wires at the end out. "What the hell is that?" Thomas questioned. "Okay, whatever it is, can we take it back to the glade? Cause I don't wanna meet this guy's friends." Frypan said. "No, you don't." I replied. "He's right, it's getting late." Minho told us. We all nodded and started running back to the glade. When we got there, we found Newt, Gally, and Steve in the meeting hut talking. I walked over to Gally and hugged him from behind, scaring him. "Oh, hey." I told him when he turned around and kissed my forehead before wrapping his arms around me.

Thomas walked over to Newt and gave him the device. "We found this. It was inside a griever." Thomas told Newt. "You went back into the maze?" Gally questioned me. I looked up at him before nodding and saying quickly, "But I'm fine. No damage." He looked mad, but eventually nodded and looked back at the boys. I rested my head on his chest but still looked at the boys too. "These are the same letters we get on our supplies." Newt said while he was examining it. "Whoever put us here obviously made the grievers. And this is the first clue, the first anything, that you have found in three years. Right Minho?" Thomas replied. "Right," Minho said.

"Newt, we have to go back out there. Who knows where this might lead us." Thomas told Newt. "They are trying time get us to abandon our rules! The only things that hold us together. These shanks need to be punished!" Steve yelled in frustration and was referring to me and Thomas. Newt thought about it before handing the thing back to Minho. "Your right, Thomas and Antonia broke the rules. One night in the pit no food." Newt said. "Oh come on. One night in the pit? You think that's going to stop them from going back into the maze?" Steve shouted.

Gally held me tighter. "No. And we can't just have non-runners running into the maze whenever we feel like it. So let's just make this official, starting from tomorrow, Antonia and Thomas are runners." Newt told all of us. Me and Thomas smiled at each other. "Wow," Steve said before storming out. "Thanks, Newt." I told him. He looked at me and gave a slight smile and Thomas a hug before leaving. "Antonia, Thomas, follow me." Minho said before leaving. "I'll be back," I told Gally before getting out of his grasp and going with him. Me and Thomas followed Minho far into the woods. "Where are we going?" Thomas finally asked. "You'll see." Minho replied before we kept walking in silence. We got to a hut and walked in.

There was a table in middle with a tarp over it. Minho pulled it away and there was a map of the maze with sticks. "It's the maze. All of it." Minho told us. "What do you mean all of it? I thought you were still mapping it." I asked. "There's nothing left to map. I've run every inch of it myself. Every cycle, every pattern. If there was a way out, we would have found it by now." Minho replied. "Why haven't you told anyone this?" Thomas questioned. "It was Alby's call. People needed to believe we had a chance to get out. But maybe now, we have a real chance." Minho said as he walked over to me and handed me the beeper thing. "Take a look at this. About a year ago we started exploring these outer sections. And we found these numbers printed on the wall. Sections one through eight. See the way it works, is every night, it opens up a new section. So today, section six was open. Tomorrow, it'll be four and eight and three. The pattern always stays the same." Minho informed us. I turned the thing over and saw a 7 on it. "And what's so special about seven?" I asked. "I don't know. Last night when you killed that griever, section seven was open. I think that's where it comes from. Tomorrow us three are going to take a closer look." Minho told us.